Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help apple logo question

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Please help apple logo question
    Right I previously had a jailbroken 3g I used to hold home and power button for 10 seconds for phone to boot up when there was a problem sometimes and that used to boot up fine with out problems the question is I have recently got a new 3gs 32 mc model I jailbroke it fine with spirit windows vista and synced was fine but sometimes phone just like freezes or goes black for reason and won't seem to turn on or off or light up and when plug charger nothing happens the only way I seem to be able to get it back on is by turning computer on loading iTunes and connecting it and then it turns back on can anyone tell me why this happens is it spirit jailbreak problem is it mc model problem and why when hold off button and power button it won't boot up like my 3g did what on earth is going on anyone and why does apple logo stay on the screen and is there a way to get past this without connecting it to iTunes as I am seroiusly puzzled don't understand and don't know why this is happening on this phone and how to I get past this problem thanks alot if you are able to shed any light on this cheers warren

Thanks

What firmware are you using?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Am using 3.1.3 firmware the one that came with the phone i only got it on Monday activated it and then jailbroke with spirit is just firmware that was came with phone I think cause activated very quickly quicker than previous iPhones I have used before

Thanks

My advice would be to restore to 3.1.3 again and re-jailbreak with spirit, I have jailbroken around 10 phones with it and have had zero issues from any of them

And as far as resetting the phone (home and sleep/wake button for 10 seconds) works fine on my 3GS
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-06-19 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Cheers right I have used auto shsh and backed up my shsh blobs ok I also have my shsh saved on my desk top the question is when I go to notepad run as admistator then system 32 then open hosts file it just is aload of jargon how can I open then file correctly so it looks right and what to I put in to ( my computer/ code ) > redirect to cydia or my computer to restore back to my 3.1.3 shsh that it's says is on file in cydia can someone help cause I don't understand what to put in where to put it and how this really works and why you have to put some code in and what would happen if you don't have the code in so question is where to put in code what to put in what happens with the code there do you need Internet connection when restoring the phone and does it do restore from grabbing info from cydia or my computer I would like to know cause don't really understand and don't want to mess this up cheers

Thanks

Apple is still signing 3.1.3 so be need for all that, just do a normal restore in iTunes

Green Apple
    Thanks
    It's just after Monday I won't be able to get 3.1.3 back so if say next weekend or a months time I need to restore back to 3.1.3 I need to know I can sorry to ask you it's just I really need to know and be able to restore if and when I need it I just don't understand about the code to redirect to ? ( where is it > my computer > cydia do I need Internet connection something a bout tricking iTunes and being able to restore to my 3.1.3 as 3gs only signs offical firmware so I need to know so I can come back to this firmware if I need to I just don't understand what the code to put in is why I need to do it how will it restore itself back to 3.1.3 if that is old firmware but I have my shsh blobs on file I am puzzled thanks