Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need Help with 3GS Itunes trouble

Default Need Help with 3GS Itunes trouble
    Ok this is what Happened. Purchased an Iphone 3GS firmware 3.1.2 with baseband 5.11.07 Jailbroken but it still had all the persons songs, pictures, phone numbers so I decided to make it "Easier" and do a reset. Yea i found out the hard way not to do this. I have the old bootroom and not an MC model.

Now i tried to use a custom firmware 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 to try and restore my phone so that the baseband is preserve but i keep getting an error on itunes and it wont allow me? (im thinking its because you have to have a jailbroken phone already to use custom ipsw and because i did the reset that no longer is the case for my phone)

Any Ideas please? the Help would be appreciate it? My concern is if i upgrde to official 3.1.3 i will not be able to unlock the phone to use with different carrier than AT&T because the baseband will be updated.

All help is appreciate it. Thank You.
    Last edited by jRbizzle; 2010-06-19 at 09:17 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jRbizzle View Post
    Now i tried to use a custom firmware 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 to try and restore my phone so that the baseband is preserve but i keep getting an error on itunes and it wont allow me? (im thinking its because you have to have a jailbroken phone already to use custom ipsw and because i did the reset that no longer is the case for my phone)

My concern is if i upgrde to official 3.1.3 i will not be able to unlock the phone to use with different carrier than AT&T because the baseband will be updated.
    you are correct on all counts, you can not use a custom firmware because you are no longer jailbroken, if the person that had it before you selected the make my life easier button in cydia when 3.1.2 was being signed then you are in luck because you can restore to an offical 3.1.2 and jailbreak with redsn0w and use blacksn0w rc2 to unlock here are instructions on how to that http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...ecid-shsh.html , basically all you need to do is edit the host file and then try to restore again in iTunes (it tells you how in the guide), now if whomever owned the phone before you did not save the 3.1.2 shsh's then your only choice is to restore to 3.1.3 and yes you will lose your unlock, but apparently there will be one with the release of the new iphone we hope so be patient if this turns out to be the case...good luck