Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is it possible to unjailbreak my unlocked iPhone 3G?

Default Is it possible to unjailbreak my unlocked iPhone 3G?
    I have the ultrasn0w .92 and I am running iPhone OS 3.0.1 with the latest version of iTunes 9.2 with firmware 7A400. Is there a safe way to unjailbreak it without bricking it. I used to use it on T-Moblie but now I use it with att.

Thanks

You can restore to any firmware you chose since you don't need an unlock anymore

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

:/ why not keep the jailbreak anyway and just remove the unlock? A jailbroken phone is so much better than a stock iPhone

LOL I will trade u my 3.1.3 3g for your 3.0.1 I need an unlocked and jb'ed phone.... me and AT&T are allergic to each other....

Default unjailbreaking
    To be honest, I feel the phone is much buggier with the jailbreak, although I do enjoy having the google voice app and other apps that are not available on the app store. Another thing is that I am hoping it will improve battery life. My battery used to last all day since the iPhone only connected to T-Mobile's edge but now that I get 3G its dying rather quickly, and I'm hoping that restoring will get me some more battery life. I was just worrying about encountering problems like my sim not being recognized after restoring the phone. Also one thing I must take into account is the fact that when ios4 comes out, if I do unjailbreak the phone then I won't have multitasking. Thats another thing to consider since I hear that multitasking will be available for the 3G with the jailbreak.

Thanks

When you restore the phone always make sure to "setup as new" not "from backup" as this can contain some old jailbreak info and cause battery issues, at least that is what I have read, give that a try and see if it fixes your battery issue

Did, and it now works fine. I used the restore and upgrade feature and then once it was jailbroken I restored from backup and kept all my 3rd party apps and information. Thanks!