Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone File Browser

Default iPhone File Browser
    hey all,
    just wanted to ping some of you on an issue i'm having with iphone usb explorer.

i recently reinstalled my iphone 3gs because i was having some itunes username issues. before the restore, i could go into the iphone usb explorer program and would be able to see the entire file structure of the iphone. now, however, i can only see a very limited set of folders (in attached image).

anyone know how to fix this? i think it might be due to something i installed came with Rock. i opened rock and it prompted me to change my ssh password, so i did. i always did change my ssh password, but i never did it through rock.

i can ssh into the phone using WinSCP and see the entire iphone file structure, but i can only do this at home since the phone and pc need to be on the same local network. i prefer the iphone usb explorer since its more plug-n-play.

any ideas would be very welcome. thank you all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -screen.png  

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You might need to install afc2add in Cydia. This "adds the afc2 service for USB browsing of the file system". After I upgraded to 3.1.3, I had to install this.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bpdunsta For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (2010-06-19)

that did it!! it also installed Erica Utilities. i remember tinkering with that for something similar to cydget. thank you!!! :P