Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak 3gs on iOS4 GM

Default Jailbreak 3gs on iOS4 GM
    I've been reading and trying to decipher everything but am still uncertain..... I have a 3gs that hasn't I had to restore to 3.1.3 a while back. I've lived without jailbreak for too long. I have the OS4 GM on it now and don't need an unlock as I'm an AT&T customer.... Can I jailbreak yet, and if so, how??? I am a PC user but have mac access through vmware....

Really not sure what you are asking? Why don't you just JB 3.13?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

you can jailbreak with a custon firmware, that you can make with pwnage i believe...not too sure

No.
    Please don't give false information.
    On the earlier iBoot 3GS Kaatje has a JB method but it is only recommended for developers wanting to try their apps.
    Stay on 3.13 until the official JB is released for 4
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

drWidowmaker53 (2010-06-18), mj0470 (2010-06-18)

^ listen to the man....

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Really not sure what you are asking? Why don't you just JB 3.13?
    I had given up on a 3.1.3 jailbreak when I loaded the first beta of iOS4.... so I'm already there, so I'm on the iOS4 GM alreasdy.....

No.
    Please don't give false information.
    On the earlier iBoot 3GS Kaatje has a JB method but it is only recommended for developers wanting to try their apps.
    Stay on 3.13 until the official JB is released for 4
    what do u mean give false info?
    I was on 4.0GM yesterday, I wanted to jailbreak, SO, i downgraded to 3.1.2 by Shift+restore, and choosing 3.1.2. I got a 1015 error i believe, and after that, the firmware is acually already installed, so all you do is run RedSn0w, choose the 3.1.3 firmware again, and it will jailbreak it for you, then make, or get a custom 4.0 prejailbroken firmware, then go in Itunes on 9.2, and shift restore and choose that, and voallaaa ur jailbroken so no false info.

BUT, i do agree with confusion, I advice you to wait for the acual release on the 21st, just 3 days. I was really inpatient so i went ahead, and all is good for me right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Raptors View Post
    you can jailbreak with a custon firmware, that you can make with pwnage i believe...not too sure
    Is false - you can not use pwnage yet.

What phone do you have Raptors? If you downgraded your FW you either have your blobs on file or have a 3G or 2G.

RedSn0w works fine on the 3G on iOS4 bur not the 3GS

Is false - you can not use pwnage yet.

What phone do you have Raptors? If you downgraded your FW you either have your blobs on file or have a 3G or 2G.

RedSn0w works fine on the 3G on iOS4 bur not the 3GS
    Its a 3GS on 4.0, but ohh it may be becuase of the SHSH blobs, I edited the apple host file a couple months ago, maybe thats why it let me go to 3.1.2.

what i did was put the iphone in DFU, then shift restore 3.1.2. After i did that i was stuck on the recovery mode loop, So i ran redsn0w 9.2, jailbroke, and then i was jailbroken. Then i just got a custom firmware of 4.0 and ran it.

so yea my bad, i think its cause of the SHSH blob.

sorry for that, always go with confusions word before mine

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Raptors For This Useful Post:

mj0470 (2010-06-18)

Quote Originally Posted by Raptors View Post
    always go with confusions word before mine
    Always? I think not. When it comes to themes I know nothing and bow down in front of your superior knowledge.

iPhone? More like MyPhone posrjak's Avatar
    Thanks

I am more confused, than before reading this! I guess i'll be waiting longer before attemping.

Quote Originally Posted by posrjak View Post
    I am more confused, than before reading this! I guess i'll be waiting longer before attemping.
    sorry about that, Just wait till the official release of iOS4, and a jailbreak will be out around that time (june 21)

and thx confusion

I'm not..... I think as difficult as it can be when the cool stuff is just out of reach, I'm going to sit back and be a little more patient.... After all, had I noticed the Spirit JB prior to installing the first beta, I'd have myself a 3.1.3.JB phone and I'd be a happy camper.....

Thanks guys...

iPhone? More like MyPhone posrjak's Avatar
    Thanks

You can still do that!

Thanks

@mj0470

You can restore to 3.1.3 since apple is still signing it, you will get a 1015 error I believe because of the updated baseband, use rslite to get past that and you will be back on 3.1.3 and can use spirit to jailbreak, although you will need to reinstall iTunes 9.1 to jailbreak with spirit after the restore