Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I sell a Jailbroken iPhone?

Default How do I sell a Jailbroken iPhone?
    I looked all over the forum, and online and can't find the information I'm looking for exactly, so I'm hoping someone will be able to help me with this.

I want to get the new iPhone 4. I have a 3GS. Yesterday I got it replaced at the Apple Store. In the store they put my SIM card in it and activated it. I have never plugged it in to iTunes and synced it. I pulled the SIM out myself and put it in a temporary phone to use till the end of the month.

I want to sell the new 3GS now (I know I can get more for it since its brand new). I had already jailbroken my old 3GS, so I know how to do so. I want to jailbreak and unlock this new one so I can get more $$$ for it.

How do I go about getting all my information removed from the iPhone, AND unlock and jailbreak it? I see a bunch of people selling iPhones in this condition, but I can't find a tutorial anywhere about how to do so. Can someone point me to a step-by-step, or write a quick one up themselves? (You don't need to be too basic, I'm not exactly a beginner)

PS - When they activated it in the store, they put firmware 3.1.3 on it, but I know this has been jailbroken already.

Let me know if you need any clarification or anything. Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me headcheese's Avatar
    Thanks

Just plug in the phone and restore it to 3.1.3. Once done select "set up as a new iPhone" instead of restoring from one of your previous syncs.

Then connect your phone to wifi and jailbreak and unlock it (don't know what programs you need to use because I have only done this with 3.1.2/blackra1n/blacksn0w)

Just did the exact same thing when I sold me 3g 2 days ago. Worked fine!

Hit thanks if this helps

3. The Following User Says Thank You to headcheese For This Useful Post:

thunderscore (2010-06-19)

Should I keep the SIM card in or out when I do a restore from iTunes? And I would want a full factory restore correct?

Thanks

You can keep it in, and yes full restore to official firmware

6. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

thunderscore (2010-06-19)

hey everyone,
    so I'm doing the same thing right now but I was wondering what sim card should I use during the process? I used my active sim card and after setting it up on itunes it showed my phone number, would this be an issue? And will I have trouble using the same sim card on a new phone?

thank you

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wasd9371 View Post
    hey everyone,
    so I'm doing the same thing right now but I was wondering what sim card should I use during the process? I used my active sim card and after setting it up on itunes it showed my phone number, would this be an issue? And will I have trouble using the same sim card on a new phone?

thank you
    It is ok to use your sim to activate the phone, once someone sticks there sim in it the phone will use and show the phone number associated with the sim being used.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

activate it . unlock it
    install 4.0.1
    jailbreakme.com
    ebay
    hoepfully go well
    I sold my 3GS for 314 pounds on there untouched as o2 replaced it they are worth good money
    take lots of pics of it

thanx for the response guys, but me and the seller have come to an agreement and leave it as 3.1.3 due to the performance issues with iOS4.

I know that all the different jailbreak methods use different exploits, which one would you recommend?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wasd9371 View Post
    thanx for the response guys, but me and the seller have come to an agreement and leave it as 3.1.3 due to the performance issues with iOS4.

I know that all the different jailbreak methods use different exploits, which one would you recommend?

There is no performance issue with 4.0 on the 3gs just the 3g. You have two choices spiritjb.com or jailbreakme.com they are both userland jaibreaks by comex. I would say go with jaikbreakme just due to simplicity.
    Last edited by Captinsmooth; 2010-09-09 at 01:45 AM.

thanxs but how would I would about JBing to 3.1.2 instead of 4. Just do it the old fashion way or what?

Thanks

Is the phone old or new bootrom? If it is a new bootrom it will be a tethered jailbreak at 3.1.2 . Your best bet is probably just to stay at 3.1.3 and use jailbreakme.com

I dont think that you can go from 3.1.3 to 4.0.1 unless u jailbroken in the past as apple isng signing the 4.0.1
    your best bet is wait a week upgrade to 4.1 then jailbreak it when it comes out touch wood soon then after that sell it on ebay as its fresh and hot brand new 4.1 and jailbroken = good money

thanx everyone for the help. I got the phone up and running and everything