Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stuck in DFU - 3Gs - was 3.1.2

Default Stuck in DFU - 3Gs - was 3.1.2
    K guys, I'm new to this forum so bear with me. I just got a used 3Gs 3.1.2 5.11.07 w/ bootrom 359.3.2. I did a shift restore to 3.1.2 in iTunes and got the error "not eligible for this build". I have worked with the 3G alot and just a faster way to clean and prep for jailbreak / unlock. Didn't know Apple stopped signing the 3.1.2 for 3Gs until now. (Hard Way). iTunes has locked the phone in DFU. I'm trying to preserve the 5.11.07 baseband to keep unlock / jailbreak option for 3.1.3 or 4.0. If it can get it out of DFU then I'll be able to work more with it but I'm stuck. I have custom 3.1.3 ipsw already. But can't restore. Any suggestions on how to get out of DFU? Nothing works. blackra1n, sn0wbreeze, ih8sn0w, redsn0w nothing working. Holding both buttons forever and just boots right back to DFU. I've also taken phone apart to detach battery for full power off, but as soon as battery touches back, boots right in DFU. Any ideas? Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to include all details. I'm not exactly a noob, but I don't know everything. Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks

When u say dfu mode are u talking about the iTunes logo and the USB cable, if so try using rslite to get out of that, if not you will probably have to restore to official 3.1.3 as your phone will not accept custom firmware

Btw, that's recovery mode, dfu is just a black screen
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-06-18 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

No not recovery mode with the cable and iTunes. DFU mode. Slightly different boot mode than recovery. Thanks for the reply.

Thanks

I know what dfu is, I thought maybe you might not (no offense of course) as to getting out of it you have tried everything I would have, are you sure there is nothing wrong with the LCD, have you tried calling it to see if it will ring (sounds crazy I know, but happened to my wife's phone)

No offense taken. I understand completey, especially with me being new to the forum. I have checked the LCD - put a brand new tested working one in. iTunes detects it in recovery too, like it does in DFU. I've been doing some research and the doggone bootrom is whats locking me out of custom firmware. I have custom 3.1.3, but can't SHIFT > Restore to it because of the 359.3.2 bootrom. If I could get it out of DFU, I can just manually erase it, keep the 3.1.2 and 5.11.07 and unlock it all day long. Frustrating. I'm so close. I think I might just update it, firmware, baseband and all, and just sell it as ATT. <SHRUG> iTunes is slick huh? Thanks again for taking the time to reply and suggestions. And about "crazy" suggestions, anything might be something overlooked.

Thanks

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help, try having the old bootriom like I do and not be able to use a custom firmware, that will piss you off (damn you apple for sending it to me with 3.1.3 already on it), you could always hold on to it for a while longer and when the new iPhones are released with accompanying unlock and sell it then

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You can use this method for updating while preserving baseband: Preventing baseband update as a last-ditch effort [iPhone Dev Team]

You'll need to activate the phone with an official sim but afterwards you can unlock and use any sim you'd like.

For unlocking, use blacksn0w RC2 as found here: Pushfix 2.0 &bull; View topic - Blacksn0w RC2 Final

You can't use custom firmwares made with pwnagetool/sn0wbreeze since you have the new bootrom.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

Hi - I am still in the same problem. Stuck in DFU mode while trying to do custom restore and got error 6. Still on old baseband but now 3.1.3 - can anyone please help?!?