Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3G Version 3 cydia not loading

Question Iphone 3G Version 3 cydia not loading
    Hello friends,

I would appreciate if you could help me with a little problem I have with my iphone these days.

Device:
    iPhone 3G
    Version 3 (7A341)
    Modem Firmware 04.26.04
    Unlocked + JB

Problem:
    cydia not working/loading

Question:
    is there a way to restore the iphone without updating to a new firmware? I was wondering if I could restore it on itunes and JB it again to have my cydia up and on again without having to face the unlock issue.

Thanks!!!

Default Yest there is!
    Download the iPhone firmware 3.0, in your case I would just download firmware 3.1.2 and still have it jailbroken/unlocked and its easier than doing 3.0

Download the firmware here --> (Link removed)

Once downloaded, connect the Iphone to itunes and while holding shift, click on "Restore" and then locate the firmware that you downloaded, 3.1.2 and let the iphone restore.

Then use blackra1n to jailbreak/unlock, that should solve the problem!

blackra1n download here --> blackweather
    Last edited by Zwayne; 2010-06-19 at 04:20 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TheiPhone911 For This Useful Post:

immortalz (2010-06-18)

thanks for reply!!

will try that soon.

another question though....

whats with the itunes 9 thingi?? is that a problem or is it o.k to restore using itunes9?

Thanks again!!

thanks for reply!!

will try that soon.

another question though....

whats with the itunes 9 thingi?? is that a problem or is it o.k to restore using itunes9?

Thanks again!!
    Last edited by immortalz; 2010-06-17 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yes you can restore with iTunes 9, but it cant be the newest version (9.2) or the one before it. AND it doesn't affect the restore, it affects the jailbreak.

If blackra1n wont jailbreak it, than just use Spirit and that will work!
    Spirit is here --> Spirit

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TheiPhone911 For This Useful Post:

immortalz (2010-06-18)

great!!!

thanks again.

will update soon.

successful!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH
    Last edited by immortalz; 2010-06-18 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The FW can be downloaded from the download links on this site. I certainly wouldn't use anything from the link above!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

My iPhone is a Part of Me headcheese's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes you can restore with iTunes 9, but it cant be the newest version (9.2) or the one before it. AND it doesn't affect the restore, it affects the jailbreak.
    Not entirely true I just restored to 3.1.2 and jailbroke with blackra1n on iTunes 9.2 You have to put the blackra1n.exe in CProgram Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support and run it from there.

Just an FYI Didn't want others reading to think they were screwed!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheiPhone911 View Post
    Download the iPhone firmware 3.0, in your case I would just download firmware 3.1.2 and still have it jailbroken/unlocked and its easier than doing 3.0

Download the firmware here --> (Link removed)

Once downloaded, connect the Iphone to itunes and while holding shift, click on "Restore" and then locate the firmware that you downloaded, 3.1.2 and let the iphone restore.

Then use blackra1n to jailbreak/unlock, that should solve the problem!

blackra1n download here --> blackweather
    I have a similar problem. Cydia is stuck on the loading screen. I used redsn0w 0.9.4 for my 3g 3.1.3 with windows vista iTunes 10.1.2.17

Can I downgrade to iOS 3.1.2 with iTunes 10.1.2.17 then use blackra1n to install icy or block?

When I downgrade to iOS 3.1.2 will I lose my contacts, game progress, Stanza epub books and info from apps like GoodReader?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

you can jailbreak ur 3.1.3 with redsnow 0.9.4 . What jailbreak tool did u use at 3.1.3?