Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Got a 3GS (locked) & ....

Default Got a 3GS (locked) & ....
    i have a 3GS , locked at 3.1.3 (baseband 05.12)

itunes 9.2 is released for windows , and what i'm asking is

i know there's no unlock till 21&24 june

if i restore to 4.0 GM , even though i will not be able to unlock at the moment , can i JB with pwnage made custom FW

if so , do i need a Mac ? or i can find a custom FW on the web and do it on my Windows PC?

(note : my 3GS has old bootrom)

Thanks

Unless you can restore to 3.1.2 and jailbreak using redsn0w or blackra1n and update with a custom iOS 4 then you will only be able to install iOS 4 with no jailbreak, I assume you are jailbroken with Spirit which doesn't allow you to use custom firmwares, as of now the only unlock available is using ultrasn0w 0.92.xx on baseband 04.26.xx

i dont use any JB or unlock now. my phone is fully locked (slide to emergency screen)

what i want to learn , since old bootrom 3GS accepts custom FWs , now , can i update to 4.0 GM via itunes 9.2 (windows)

then can i ONLY JB (not unlock) with any of current methods ?

Yes or no ?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sharpbug View Post
    i dont use any JB or unlock now. my phone is fully locked (slide to emergency screen)

what i want to learn , since old bootrom 3GS accepts custom FWs , now , can i update to 4.0 GM via itunes 9.2 (windows)

then can i ONLY JB (not unlock) with any of current methods ?

Yes or no ?
    Your phone needs to be already jailbroken in order to install a custom firmware. And as far as I know, it's not enough that's it's jailbroken using Spirit, it has to have been done by redsn0w/blackra1n/pwnage/sn0w.