Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4 GM (8A293)

Default iOS 4 GM (8A293)
    4.0 GM COMPATIBILITY ?

Many people are wanted to know how to get this 4.0 GM. If you just search it on google like this " ios4gm download" you should be able to get a copy of your prior choice. Now you need the 9.2 iTunes Beta to sync it. Many people are saying that the 9.2 beta is only compatible with Mac WRONG!

Download Link?

You can download the iTunes 9.2 Beta at the offical iTunes website. It is now compatible with Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

4.0 GM JailBreak?
    [B]

To jailbreak it you need a mac. It will hopefully be compilable with windows soon but it is not atm to jailbreak it go to this link.

http://modmyi.com/forums/general/706...esomeness.html

ALL PROPS GO TO STEALTHBRAVO
    Last edited by Vandale; 2010-06-17 at 08:02 AM.

Thanks

Do you still need a developer UDID to use the iOS 4 GM?

No you do not sir it worked perfectly fine for me. All you have to do it download a 4.0 GM and get the 9.2 beta iTunes press Shift + click restore use the file restore. I do not want to give out any links because i do not want to cause any problems are any thing like that. You may try on your own risk. The Jailbreaking will let u enable the multitasking and the wallpaper for the iPod Touch. Im not really sure about the iPhone i do not own one.

I hope this doesnt cause any problems but here is the link i used to get my 4.0 GM

(Please do not link to unofficial released firmware.)
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-06-18 at 02:04 AM.

Thanks

Oh well, I have old iBoot 3gs but can't use custom firmware(damn apple for sending it to me with 3.1.3 already on it) so a jailbreak is out of the question for me for now so I guess I will just be patient and wait for the official release and accompanying jailbreak

Good Choice sir. I mean if you have a mac a jailbreak is questionable but if you dont have one you might have to wait m8

Thanks

I have access to a mac but I can't use a custom firmware create with the newest pwnagetool becuase apple sent this one as a replacement with 3.1.3 already on it so I can only jailbreak with spirit which doesn't allow me to use a custom firmware and redsn0w 0.9.5b only works for the 3g and 2g IPT according the redsn0w website

That sucks for your bro. Well maybe u can like ask some one at school or something to see if they wanna trade iphones ?

Thanks

Lol, I have been out of school for 20 years, man am I old or what

Nah bro you still got time. Well the only thing i can say to you is either steal some ones iphone or trade it in to a store or to some one else. Only possibilities i can think of.

Thanks

Or wait, I can update just not jailbreak, and if the only things missing are multitasking and tethering I might update just because I can

There goes the positivity! also the iOS 4 is hella fast i mean if u do update bro u will see what i mean its nice. I could tell the difference right away.

i did this and my background is still black? it shows as os4 in the settings/about but the background is the same :a

Quote Originally Posted by Mk_Bunny View Post
    i did this and my background is still black? it shows as os4 in the settings/about but the background is the same :a
    If you own a mac you can jailbreak the 4.0GM with redsn0w. If you do not own a mac and have windows like me. You will have to wait for a jailbreak so you can jailbreak it and enable wallpaper & multitasking on ipod touch. Apple only wants iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, & iPhone 4G with multitasking (wallpapers idk).

Apple - iPhone - New features in the iOS 4 Software Update.

MK Bunny pretty much what im trying to say is. If you have a mac you are in luck. If you have windows you will have to wait for a jailbreak D:

Ah I see the spell check is awesome and the folders is tidy too but no wallpaper on 3g

Quote Originally Posted by Mk_Bunny View Post
    Ah I see the spell check is awesome and the folders is tidy too but no wallpaper on 3g
    Meh well for jailbreak :

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Jb gives you multitasking, wallpaper, battery percentage and camera zoom.

Quote Originally Posted by wrcsti View Post
    Jb gives you multitasking, wallpaper, battery percentage and camera zoom.
    Indeed my friend indeed.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Sorry late to the moderating of this. Please do not link to unofficial released firmware.

The firmware is not a public firmware yet so it follows the same rules as beta firmware; which cannot be linked on MMi.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Thanks

^^^
    I thought it might be, but wasn't 100% sure because it official, just not released yet, thanks for clearing it up cerote

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Yep, even though it is a GM canidate and possibly the full on GM to be released it still is a firmware that only Developers are supposed to be able to download.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast