Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs running iOS 4.0 GM stuck in recovery mode and won't restore

Default 3gs running iOS 4.0 GM stuck in recovery mode and won't restore
    About a week ago I updated my firmware to the iOS 4.0 GM release that was leaked. It wasn't the first time I had updated a GM firmware as I did the same with 3.0 back with a 3g I had.

Everything was well with the the firmware up to the point where I was messing with the Accessibility options and enabled voice. Basically the iPhone messed up and wouldn't let me disable it no matter what I did. It wouldn't let me scroll down to options or anything of that sort.

I decided to try and restore the firmware again but everytime I attempt to I get error 1611.. After receiving the error I have to unplug the phone and plug it back in as the phone requires me to plug it into itunes.. Rinse and repeat the same steps and I'm stuck again at error 1611..

Any ideas what I could do?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Solution for Error 1611 :

1- Change the USB port the phone is plugged in to. Do not plug the phone back in yet.

2- Reboot the computer then plug the phone in and immediately restart the phone in DFU WHILE CONNECTED to the computer.

3- Hit restore.

Got it off multiple other forums...not sure if it'll work though. Give it a go I suppose.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You didnt catch that i got it off other forums so ie copy and paste -.-

Obviously. Perhaps you should go to the other MMi thread and everythingicafe thread and correct them as well