Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with 3GS from 3.0 to latest firmware....

Default Help with 3GS from 3.0 to latest firmware....
    So i just bought an unlocked and jailbroken iphone 3gs. it works great but i want to be updated.... so i usually buy iphone 2Gs because they can be easily unlocked. but i decided to treat myself to the 3gs now that everyone is selling them to buy the 4g. i tried upgrading the firmware to 3.1.2 but itunes keeps saying that i can not. so i'm kind of stumped as to what direction to go from now. i know it can be done i just don't know how. i've tried looking but no one seems to have a similar problem. any help would be appreciated. i am using windows* i've been used to unlocking 2Gs that i dont know what to do with these 3GSs. thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Download snowbreeze from iH8sn0w.com and create a cfw 3.1.3 and then do a restore to it. You will be able to unlock with Ultrasn0w again.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-06-17 at 02:23 AM.

thanks. thats what i had thought but with that custom firmware would i still be able to keep the old baseband to be able to unlock the phone?

Thanks

Yes, you could also google and download a 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 ipsw created with pwnagetool and restore to that, either way using a custom firmware will preserve your baseband for an easy unlock