Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My Jailbroken/unlocked iPhone 2G OS 3.0 is not recognized by my computer

Exclamation My Jailbroken/unlocked iPhone 2G OS 3.0 is not recognized by my computer
    If there's someone out there that can help me, they have to be on this site. I received my 2G OS 3.0 iPhone as a gift from my brother who was nice enough to jailbreak it and unlock it for me (I live in Costa Rica). Everything was fine and dandy until about 6 months ago.
    My computer no longer recognizes my iPhone. I already checked to see if there is something wrong with the Devices, nothing to be done there. Already tried earlier versions of Itunes, nothing there. Nothing wrong with my usb drives. I have also tried connecting my phone to other computers...nothing. My computer does not acknowledge in any way that there is a phone connected. My phone also stopped charging via anything except a Firewire cable and a dock. I can't restore my phone because I can't connect it to a computer...and it doesn't help that I am technologically challenged. This is really frustrating, I hope someone can help me!!

UPDATE: I decided to start from scratch, Erased Contents and Settings, etc etc. The latest issue is that when I put my iPhone into recovery mode (Steve Jobbs Preved cartoon) it is not recognized by my computer or by iTunes. Also, when I put my iPhone into DFU Mode, it is not recognized by my computer or iTunes. If I could just get my computer to recognize my iPhone I could re-do everything, could someone tell me how to do this or what I might be doing wrong?
    Last edited by leilamaria66; 2010-06-19 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Update