Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 tethered drops WiFi randomly

Default iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 tethered drops WiFi randomly
    iPhone 3Gs, 3.1.2 tethered, 5.11.07, broken with blackra1n.

Hello everyone, I recently switched from AT&T (data) to T-Mobile (no data). I'm just noticing I'm having wifi problems, I never noticed before because I guess 3G on AT&T would pick up my wifi if it ever went out. Now that I have no data plan, it's a pain in the ***.

I've searched the new and found people having problem no showing wifi altogether, but no one with my problem about dropping wifi randomly.

I'm using wifi in my house about 2 rooms/50 feet away. I'd say the signal is very good (not perfect). Sometimes the wifi bars on my fall will go full, then down to one, to none. I also have to respring or wait a bit for the signal to return.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I assume you're using blacksn0w to unlock. Uninstall that and install blacksn0w RC2 instead. RC1 has been known to cause wifi and boot loop problems. You can read about how to get RC2 here: Pushfix 2.0 • View topic - Blacksn0w RC2 Final

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

Doug- (2010-06-17)

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    I assume you're using blacksn0w to unlock. Uninstall that and install blacksn0w RC2 instead. RC1 has been known to cause wifi and boot loop problems. You can read about how to get RC2 here: Pushfix 2.0 • View topic - Blacksn0w RC2 Final
    I'll give it a go, thanks dhamien!
    Last edited by Doug-; 2010-06-17 at 07:59 AM.