Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 - Is it Unlockable?

Default iPhone 4 - Is it Unlockable?
    Does anyone know the answer to this yet? I know it isn't released, but has anyone figured this out yet?

I have been out of the loop for a bit.

Thanks

I believe the Dev-team already stated it will be unlockable.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

I'm not so sure they have. From twitter some people are saying that the baseband is different on iphone 4. If that is the case whatever exploit dev team have for iphone 3GS and 3G may not work on iphone 4. We will have to wait and see...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You are asking about something that isn't even on the market yet. The Dev Team has said absolutely nothing about the jailbreak or unlock of this device. They have stated that their will be an unlock for basebands 5.12.01 and the baseband for iOS4 for the current iphones. The people that code for the iPad are not the same as those that code for the iPhone so the exploit found in the iBoot of the iPad might not work for the iPhone 4. Also the iPhone 4 may have a different baseband version than the iPhone 3G/S so they may have to find different exploits for different devices.

Bottom line... no one knows and no one will know until the Dev Team and Geohot and Comex have their iPhone 4's and begin testing.