Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Safari not maintaining sessions of JB

Default Safari not maintaining sessions after JailBreak
    I did a cursory glance for this issue so please forgive if this is a repost.

I picked up a new 16GB iPhone. Used independence to jailbreak and sim unlock. Everything seems to be peachy except Safari will not maintain session information to any site I login to or post data to such as a zip code. Facebook, Weather Underground, anything that requires user input and seems to store the session info in a cookie is almost worthless. I find myself constantly logging into the sites even if I haven't navigated away from them.

For instance, I can log in successfully to Facebook and click on any link that stays within the Facebook site and it asks for my credentials again.

Any ideas and suggestions on a fixes are greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by pr34ch; 2008-03-17 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Mistyped title

Anybody have any suggestions? I forgot to mention I'm on TMobile. I doubt that has anything to do with the problem though.

Hey,

You should search for cookie problems... [1.1.4] Facebook login problems since v1.1.4

Or: SSH into your iPhone and issue this command:

chmod -R 777 /private/var/mobile/Library/Cookies
    "Did it thru WinSCP SSH, rebooted my iPhone, cleared all cookies, rebooted again, tested Facebook website, and it worked!!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pr34ch View Post
    Anybody have any suggestions? I forgot to mention I'm on TMobile. I doubt that has anything to do with the problem though.

Your problem is the Safari currently doesn't have permissions to write to the filesystem. SSH into the phone and type:

chmod 4755 /Applications/MobileSafari.app/MobileSafari

This will run Safari as root and allow it to save the cookies, cache and history.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Brilliant. Suggestion one worked like a champ. Thanks for the tips everybody.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Flatbeats's Avatar
    Thanks

iPhone 3G Jail broken 4.2.1 - redsn0w
    iPhone 3G unlocked & Jail broken 3.1.2 - Blackra1n