Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NEED HELP iPhone 2g won't restore to 3.1.3

Default NEED HELP iPhone 2g won't restore to 3.1.3
    I have tried to update to 3.1.2 on iPhone 2g.
    -------
    Here is what I did leading to updating 3.1.2:
    1) Restore to 1.1.4, Itunes gave me error 1011
    2) Using iLiberty+ to Jaibreak, Activate, Youtube Fix, Unlock, Downgrade bootloader 4.6 to 3.9FakeBlank, Install Cydia, Fix for No Signal, No Wifi, No Bluetooth, and DevTeam Gray WiFi Fix.
    3) Using WinPwn 2.5 to update to 2.0.2.
    4) Put iPhone in DFU mode
    5) Restore iPhone to 3.1.3
    6) Itunes gives me error 23
    -------

I really don't know what to do, any help would be great!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Were you updating from version 1.0.2 or earlier, if you have it unlocked with the old sim unlock ( anysim ), you have to virginize your BB first before . I remember those days, i had to do that before i could restore to 1.1.3. Was your Iphone working prior to the updates? You might want to look into this link :
    http://www.hackint0sh.org/f136/68400.htm
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-06-14 at 10:11 PM.

I wasn't able to update my iPhone to 1.0.2, iTunes would go out of waiting for the iPhone. My iPhone show the apple logo with a loading circle under it spinning. Instead i just restored 1.1.4 with no issues then followed these steps:
    -----
    Download to your PC:
    iLiberty 1.3.0.113 from here
    Payload pack from here

Preparation:
    Install iLiberty on your PC. Unzip the payload pack, you should find a folder called "payload" containing four zip packages and four scripts. Dont touch the stuff.
    On XP/Vista goto c:\program files\iLiberty\
    Rename "payload" to "payload.original". Copy the extracted folder "payload" (from the download; un-zipped) into c:\program files\iLiberty\. If iLiberty was running, quit it.

Select payloads:
    Start iLiberty on your PC. Hit the tab "Advanced" (on top). Hit the tab "Local (4)" (on the bottom). You will see four payloads, activate all of them (checkbox). On the bottom you should see a tab called "Selected (4)" now.

Use iLiberty:
    Start your iPhone, you may have your private simcard in, just ignore if any error messages are displayed on the iPhone's screen. Connect the iPhone to your PC using the USB cable.
    Important: From now on iTunes will pop up every now and then. Put it back to the task bar, don't quit iTunes. I know this is annoying sometimes but you have to ;-)
    In iLiberty hit the button "Go for it!" on the bottom. If iLiberty throws an error, just quit the program and re-start the process (selecting the packages).
    If no errors occur iLiberty wants you to disconnect and reconnect the iPhone, then hit "OK". Do it, this is needed to put the iPhone into recovery mode (showing the yellow triangle). iTunes will pop up again - see above.

In my several testings iLiberty always showed on the bottom of the program "booting ramdisk" and seemed to wait. I always after like 10 seconds hit the top tab "Other Tools" then and cklick the button "Jump out of Recovery Mode". iLiberty seems - in some cases - not be able to do this job. After a few seconds text beginns scrolling on the iPhones display. The iPhone gets jailbroken and will reboot then (showing the Apple logo)
    Dont hit any button in the next step all the payloads are installed. Just hang in there and wait until the job is done. The iPhone will reboot and you can go to the springboard.

Prepare virginizing
    The only really important steps now:
    1. On the iPhone goto "Settings > General >Auto-Lock" and set it to "Never"!!!!!
    2. Disconnect iPhone and PC now, connect the iPhone to the AC adapter to make sure not to run out of power. If no AC adapter is available, connect iPhone and PC, this time quit iTunes if it starts.
    Both steps are really important! We'll virginize the baseband next. If power gets off you risk your iPhone - it will probably leave you with a paperweight.

Virginize the iPhone
    On the iPhone start the app Term-vt100 and type
    Code:

cd /usr/bin/

hit "return", then type
    Code:

./virginator.sh

hit return.
    -----
    After hitting return i got the response, "zsh: no such file or directory: ./virginator,sh". What should I do now? Could the cause of me not being able to update to 3.1.3 be my sim card? Thanks for all of your help!!

Thanks

As far as I've read Error 23 isn't good I'm afraid - I haven't seen anywhere where people have been able to fix it as it's a problem with the phone. Sounds to me like you've used too many extremely old ways of trying to unlock 3.1.3 (which will never work as they were built for extremely old versions of the iPhone's OS).

However, are you using the latest iTunes? And what happens when you plug it into iTunes (without trying to update anything)?

My iPhone connects fine. I, am using iTunes version "7.5.0.2". What if I just Winpwn my iPhone to 2.0.2 then restore to 3.1.2 because won't using winpwn upgrade my baseband to 04.05.04_G, which is the correct modem firmware for 3.1.2?

Thanks

Again, you are using very old software with iTunes 7. I'm sure I recall there was something about not being able to update to 3.0 without iTunes 9 at the time (my memory isn't what it use to be but I'm sure if you search the forums you might find something).

I'd suggest you update iTunes to 9.1 (use that rather than the new 9.2 for now). Update the phone to 3.1.3 and then use Redsn0w.

I really would steer clear of trying various out-dated FW's & old ways of JB'ing.

When I do this I get iTunes error 23. I think it is because of the sim card I, am using because iTunes says that there is no sim card inserted in iPnone firmware "1.1.4". Can I get another sim card from AT&T? The sim card says 3g on the backside of it and it was from one of my friends flip phones that wasn't activated.

When I do this I get iTunes error 23. Then iPhone turns white, then i tried using redsn0w while the iPhone was still was white and redsn0w couldn't recognize the ipsw. I think it is because of the sim card I, am using because iTunes says that there is no sim card inserted in iPnone firmware "1.1.4". Can I get another sim card from AT&T? The sim card says 3g on the backside of it and it was from one of my friends flip phones that wasn't activated.
    Last edited by likwidmonster; 2010-06-17 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by likwidmonster View Post
    When I do this I get iTunes error 23.
    When you do what exactly?

When I try to restore my iPhone to 3.1.3 before using redsn0w. Thanks for you time!

Thanks

Have you updated iTunes?

I have updated iTunes then tried it then after I tried iTunes 9.1, but still no luck. I looked at the specefic reason for error 23 and apple says
    "Error 23, 28, 29, 1011, 1012, 1611: These errors may indicate a hardware issue with your device. Follow the steps in this article and also attempt to restore while connected to a known-good computer and network to isolate this issue to the device. If the IMEI or MAC address is missing or is a default value, this can also confirm a hardware issue."

Thanks

That's what I was afraid of.

Sorry I can't be of much further help.

Thanks anyways! Would replacing the logic board help? If so where would the cheapest one to purchase one?