Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 with 05.12.01 firmware help needed!!!

Default iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 with 05.12.01 firmware help needed!!!
    Is their a jailbreak 3.1.2 with 05.12.01 for the 3GS where you can turn on/off the phone without rejailbreaking?

Problem is I am going off on military leave and wont have access to a computer to rejailbreak my iphone. And at times i will be in the field w/o access to electricity. If someone can give me some suggestions as to what can i do to be able to use my iPhone when needed i would be so grateful.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

nehpets30 (2010-06-14)

So can i use the spirit jailbreak over my pre exisiting blackra1n RC3 release jailbreak? Also do i need to backup my apps, contacts etc? And is it a simple installion like all the rest of the jailbreaks? Thanks again for responding so expeditiously.

While i do appreciate your efforts to help it actually did not work infact it got my phone stuck on the apple logo. So i had to restore the phone o its original factory settings. Apparently this spirit jailbreak isnt working properly. I guess ill just buy me a laptop and when the opportunity arises i will just continue to keep jailbreaking. Thanks for the attempt though, i appreciate it.
    Last edited by nehpets30; 2010-06-14 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

It didn't work because you used it on top of the blackra1n jailbreak, if you will restore clean again and reuse spirit it will work properly, it's super easy and fast

Quote Originally Posted by nehpets30 View Post
    Is their a jailbreak 3.1.2 with 05.12.01 for the 3GS where you can turn on/off the phone without rejailbreaking?

Problem is I am going off on military leave and wont have access to a computer to rejailbreak my iphone. And at times i will be in the field w/o access to electricity. If someone can give me some suggestions as to what can i do to be able to use my iPhone when needed i would be so grateful.
    If you are on AT&T or any official provider then just restore your OS 3.1.3 and activate it using iTunes then jailbreak using SPIRIT then your problem is solve. SPIRIT does not work on iPhone STUCK on EMERGENCY CALL ONLY or STUCK on RECOVERY MODE...