Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Encrypt a custom firmware

Default Encrypt a custom firmware
    Hi, all!
    I'm trying to build a custom firmware for my iPhone 2G.
    I successfull decrypted a 3.1.3 firmware with vdecrypt and key, so I can mod filesystem as I want (converting .dmg to Writing/reading UDRW)

Anyway i would like to make the final ipsw, but i have some problems:
    or I get error 14 during flashing (but the firmware seems not corrupted) or iTunes says it that teh firmware is corrupted
    [also tried to make no modification, just to try.. same result]

I found this:

Step 1:use vdecript OK!
    Step 2: hdiutil convert -format UDRW -o udrw.dmg 018-6482-014.dmg OK! [convert to reading/writing]
    Step 3: hdiutil mount udrw.dmg OK!
    After the third step you are able to make changes to the mounted filesystem OK!

Step 4: diskutil rename /Volumes/BigBear5A347.M68OS LittleBear4A102.UserBundle
    (it is old, 3.1.3 is called SunNorthstarTwo7E18.iPhoneOS)
    CAN YOU EXPLAIN THIS? what is the meaning of this "rename"?

Step 5: hdiutil eject /Volumes/LittleBear4A102.UserBundle

Step 6: hdiutil convert -format UDZO udrw.dmg -o udzo.dmg OK! [covert to compressed]
    Step 7: asr -imagescan udzo.dmg OK!
    Step 8: mv udzo.dmg 018-6482-014.dmg OK!

Now all you need to do, is to replace the 018-6482-014.dmg in the custom-firmware created with Pwnage OK!

What are you trying to do? Why not just use RedSn0w to JB and unlock?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    What are you trying to do? Why not just use RedSn0w to JB and unlock?

thanks for answer..
    i full modded a iPhone 2G firmware with all unlockable-features unlocked, UI similar to iOS4 without Winterboard and other.. Everything is ready and full working (just a few fix) merging file via SSH, but i would like to release a custom firmware (or, if at the and i couldn't, i would like to create a .deb for cydia)

workprogress:
    iPhone2G project
    Last edited by mattewRE; 2010-06-13 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mattewRE View Post
    thanks for answer..
    i full modded a iPhone 2G firmware with all unlockable-features unlocked, UI similar to iOS4 without Winterboard and other.. Everything is ready and full working (just a few fix) merging file via SSH, but i would like to release a custom firmware (or, if at the and i couldn't, i would like to create a .deb for cydia)

workprogress:
    iPhone2G project
    Since you are interested in finding a new exploit, why don't you concentrate on the new iOS4, try and build a new exploit whereby it can hactivate and unlock the Iphone 4Gen, if you are successful you will be getting a lot of donations from the public. There is no point releasing a custom firmware for 2G as it is already being done and you are not going to get any money out of it