Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: For those who accidentally/had to update to 3.1.3.

Default For those who accidentally/had to update to 3.1.3.
    I'm not sure if this has been posted already, but I decided to post this because I'm typically a newbie and I did this, so I figured anyone can do it then.

Allow me to explain my situation; During the past days, I basically bricked my apple I-Phone 3G/16gb/black/T-mobile and I thought I was doomed because upgrading to 3.1.3./05.12.07 is a no-no regardless. I was planning to sell my phone so I could have some decent funds to hunt for the Iphone 4 but there are def. ways around the baseband/firmwares. As of Saturday 12:17AM/PST, I am using an unlocked/jailbroken/3.1.3./04.26.08 I-Phone.

1) First thing first, (I use my macbook which is fully updated to snow leopard), Jailbreak your phone. I used this site's direction because pwnagetool was messing up bad.
    Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.3 with Redsn0w 0.9.4 | Redmond Pie

2) After all that is done, this is the critical part here which determines if your phone can be unlocked. Just follow these directions and hopefully it'll work out for you as well because I am a newbie and I pulled through!!

iPhone 3.1.3 Baseband 05.12.01 Unlock | Redmond Pie

3) After that goes well, your basically done so add the finishing touches by following the directions on this site & HAVE FUN!!!

Unlock iPhone 3.1.3 3G 3GS with ultrasn0w | Redmond Pie

By all means, I mean nothing but good intentions and I have seen a good amount of posts about people wondering if 3.1.3. can be jailbroken/unlocked. So give all the credits to the original hackers/redmondpie.com...I simply posted this to show that it can be done..

Feel free to reply/hit the thanks?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Not to be a party pooper, but this is old news. You can find guides for all of this in the guides section of this site.

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    Not to be a party pooper, but this is old news. You can find guides for all of this in the guides section of this site.

I'm pretty sure it was, however there are always at least one person that refuses to do a little bit of searching and just panics/desperate to find a solution lol. Hopefully this one will help them out.