Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs upgrade 3.1.3 to iOS4GM?

Default 3gs upgrade 3.1.3 to iOS4GM?
    Hey guys,
    It's my first post, and i'm fairly new to this jailbreaking stuff.
    I have an iPhone 3Gs (new bootrom) running 3.1.3 (jailbroken with Spirit) with 05.12.01.
    I have a couple of questions:

1) If I were to upgrade to the iOS4GM firmware, would the "05.12.01" number be higher?
    2) Can I revert back to 3.1.3, harmless?
    3) Can I jailbreak my iPhone again once it is on the iOS4GM firmware?

Thank you guys for all your help!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Since you have the new bootrom, you cannot use cfw to restore from the Pwnage Bundle, therefore you have to restore to iOS4.0 whick will update your BB . You can downgrade the fw but not the BB.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

iloveisrael (2010-06-11)

Oh, that makes alot of sense now!!

But I have one more question: let's say I upgrade to iOS4.0, and then decide that I want to go back to 3.1.3.
    1) Is this possible?
    2) Can I jailbreak it once again on 3.1.3 with Spirit (even though the BB is higher than 05.12.01)?

Thanks so much!!

1) yes
    2) yes

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jfbreese For This Useful Post:

iloveisrael (2010-06-12)

AWESOME!!!
    That's GREAT to hear!

Thanks so much you guys.

Are there any instructions on how to install ios4 and Jailbreak using windows? Is it even possible? I heard that you needed iTunes 9.2 which is not available for windows... Suggestions?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I don't even understand why anyone would want to install it. The public release will be out in 11 days.

Because I want it now.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I bet all your friends will think you're cool if you have it early.

Why are you commenting on this thread? You are obviously not trying to answer any questions. Are you trying to impress your friends by acting tough from behind your keyboard? Tool.

Thanks

@drWidowmaker53

if you cared to do a little research you would find instructions to your question, also if you cared to do a little more then you would also see that dhamien is an extremely helpful member, so no he isn't trying to impress anyone he is just trying to avoid the inevitable follow up post by you wanting help because you couldn't wait for the official release and screwed your phone up

P.S.
    There should also be a forum rule that requires a 500 post minimum before you are allowed to say something stupid
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-06-13 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

14. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

drWidowmaker53 (2010-06-13)

Quote Originally Posted by j3st3r3 View Post
    @drWidowmaker53

if you cared to do a little research you would find instructions to your question, also if you cared to do a little more then you would also see that dhamien is an extremely helpful member, so no he isn't trying to impress anyone he is just trying to avoid the inevitable follow up post by you wanting help because you couldn't wait for the official release and screwed your phone up
    I have been doing research on this subject but apparently I have been looking in the wrong places. That being said am I not correct in considering this forum as a place to seek answers?

If you dont want to help then you are free to not respond.

Thanks for your 2 cents on the issue though.

PS Dont worry about me. I will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by j3st3r3 View Post
    @drWidowmaker53

P.S.
    There should also be a forum rule that requires a 500 post minimum before you are allowed to say something stupid
    Did you get all of your post by protecting your little buddies that run their mouths to people for no reason?

Im just here to learn and work on my phone. I thought that is what the site was for... Apparently it is so geeks like you can try to act smart because you have info that other people are seeking.
    Last edited by drWidowmaker53; 2010-06-13 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Once again if you cared look you would see that is not how I got my post count, but that's neither here nor there, betas are best left do developers which you obviously are not, so just be patient and wait for the official release of iOS4, and to answer your question about this being the place for seeking answers, yes that is what this forum is for, but generally it is more advanced questions/problems that garner the most attention, your question about iTunes 9.2 only being for mac at this point has been asked and answered in numerous posts so do some research and I can assure you will find answers to your questions

Have a nice day
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-06-13 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thank you for clearing that up. You have a wonderful day yourself.

@iloveisreal. Sorry to blow up your post with this retarded argument. Widowmaker out....
    Last edited by drWidowmaker53; 2010-06-13 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

My apologies to the O.P. as well

It's alright guys, no worries.
    Since I'm already replying to this thread once again, I might as well add a couple more questions:

1) When & How am I going to be able to JAILBREAK the 3Gs iOS4 new bootrom?
    2) When & How am I going to be able to UNLOCK the 3Gs iOS4 new bootrom?

Haha, thanks once again!!!!!

Thanks

From what I've read it will be anywhere from a day or 2 to a week or 2 from the official release

21. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

iloveisrael (2010-06-13)

Awesome..
    Once again, thanks guys.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drWidowmaker53 View Post
    Why are you commenting on this thread? You are obviously not trying to answer any questions. Are you trying to impress your friends by acting tough from behind your keyboard? Tool.
    I have no friends so the joke's on you!

Anywho, I was in a bad mood earlier and didn't feel like helping with info that's readily available if you search. My bad. But as j3st3r3 pointed out, use the search function for the stuff that is answered in numerous other threads and then ask when something is unclear.