Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gophone sim card safe on 3GS for now?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Gophone sim card safe on 3GS for now?
    Just got my 3GS yesterday from eBay. I have a gophone sim in it right now. Was waiting for the unlock to come out and figured gophones will have to do for now. I had tmobile on my 2g with .05 receiving texts and .10 sending texts. I thought those rates were pretty good since AT&T charges .20 for all texts. Just saw on their website though that u can get a package of 200 texts for only 4.99 which is good for 30 days which is alot cheaper than tmo if u send alot of texts but hardly ever call anybody. So I signed up for the text package for 30 days to try out. I think I have a good thing going right now and may even like AT&T better than tmo since for texts it's cheaper and the reception is alot better too. My question is will AT&T find out I'm using a gophone sim instead of contract plan and somehow be able to disable the service and make my phone stop working? I registered my shah on file with cydia for when 4.0 comes out in case apple can screw with my phone when I cannot to iTunes to sync. Comments? Thanks in advance

Forgot to mention I'm running 3.1.3 and 05.12.1
    Last edited by conqst99; 2010-06-11 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I would play the wait game. I upgraded to 4.0, lost my unlock, tried go-phone sim. It didn't work. doesn't even recognize Sim Card.

You may have an advantage by registering your phone w/ Cydia, but don't ruin a good thing just yet..
    I'm a violent computer geek!