Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak my 3GS on 3.1.3 using Spirit - anything to worry about?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Jailbreak my 3GS on 3.1.3 using Spirit - anything to worry about?
    Hi All,
    I'll be receiving my 3GS today from UPS. Its running on 3.1.3 and 05.12.1 baseband. I know it can't be unlocked yet, but I can at least JB it using Spirit with no worries correct? I plan on using my gophone sim temporarily until an unlock comes out for 05.12.1 with 3.1.3 or until 4.0 is JB'ed and unlocked. I want to JB it and get cydia going with the apps installed that I now have on my 2G. Once the unlock is out, I'll stick my tmobile sim back in, but for now the more expensive gophone at&t will have to do. If I run spirit on it though, it won't mess up anything internally on the 3gs that will render it useless for unlocking or jailbreaking down the road when 4.0 comes out will it? I've never used spirit before, just snowbreeze. I read something about storing my SHSH's for the 3gs on cydia servers before I jailbreak using spirit but is that necessary? thanx for any help!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by conqst99 View Post
    Hi All,
    I'll be receiving my 3GS today from UPS. Its running on 3.1.3 and 05.12.1 baseband. I know it can't be unlocked yet, but I can at least JB it using Spirit with no worries correct? I plan on using my gophone sim temporarily until an unlock comes out for 05.12.1 with 3.1.3 or until 4.0 is JB'ed and unlocked. I want to JB it and get cydia going with the apps installed that I now have on my 2G. Once the unlock is out, I'll stick my tmobile sim back in, but for now the more expensive gophone at&t will have to do. If I run spirit on it though, it won't mess up anything internally on the 3gs that will render it useless for unlocking or jailbreaking down the road when 4.0 comes out will it? I've never used spirit before, just snowbreeze. I read something about storing my SHSH's for the 3gs on cydia servers before I jailbreak using spirit but is that necessary? thanx for any help!
    You can jailbreak with Spirit and it works flawlessly and you don't have to store your shsh file locally. When you open Cydia the first time, a pop up message will ask you if you want to let Cydia save it for you, so anwers yes to make my life earsier.

Press Thanks if I answered your Question.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

conqst99 (2010-06-09)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks so much for easing my mind! Just know all about the frustration everyone has endured by accidently upgrading to 3.1.3 / 05.12.1 preventing an unlock for months! I luckily had the 2G and didn't have the problem but want something faster / newer now.