Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS4 Question

Default iOS4 Question
    Hey Guys,

Brand new to the forum so please take it easy on me. I did a search but was unable to find what I was looking for.

I know that the iOS4 Golden Master firmware was released to Developers. Is it possible to upgrade to iOS4 right now if I am not a developer? If so, is it necessary to Jailbreak the phone or can a custom restore be done through iTunes?

Sorry for the newb questions but hey... I am a newb right?

Thanks Guys.
    Scott

First of all, you don't need to be a developer as the iOS 4.0 GM is the same firmware that they'll be releasing to the public on June 21st. Second of all, you can update to 4.0 only if you have the iPhone 3GS or 2nd/3rd gen iTouch. Third of all, if you have a Mac based computer, the 4.0 GM Firmware, and the new iTunes 9.2 Beta, you can upgrade to iOS 4.0.

I did this last night through an iPhone 3GS (3.1.3 | Not jailbroken) and it worked perfectly fine. if you would like a tutorial, I can guide you through it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HxC Zach For This Useful Post:

scotty3x3 (2010-06-09)

Yes. I have a 21.5" iMac 3GHz Core 2 Duo. So I can do this. If you would walk me through it I would greatly appreciate it. I just upgraded iTunes, but I don't have the beta or the firmware yet.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HxC Zach View Post
    only if you have the iPhone 3GS or 2nd/3rd gen iTouch.
    Also 3G I assume, since Apple has the seed for it in the dev center.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -downloads.png