Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Am I doomed to lose my apps, contact info etc???

Default Am I doomed to lose my apps, contact info etc???
    Story so far..

1. Phone is jailbroken on 3.1.2 for several months. Lots of paid Cydia apps on phone etc and PKGbackup.

2. Phone 'dies' and gets stuck on restart loop.

3. Eventually get phone into DFU mode and plugged in to iTunes. With OS 4.0 coming out soon I don't care about being on 3.1.3 even if I lose JB.

4. When restoring, phone 'hangs' on the restoration process (x5 times). I get error codes 2002 and 1611 a few times here and there.

5. I try again on iTunes on a different computer and hey presto, it works again with a full restore.

6. I plug it back in to mine and it has a fit, tries a full restore again. Same problem as in step 4.

7. I download custom firmware 3.1.3 for 3gs again (thinking original must be corrupt). Double click it. Plug phone in. Back to step 4 again.

8. So... options from here (unless you have advice!!!!!!)

a. Delete and reinstall iTunes completely, lose all my paid apps, saved info (400 contacts etc) and cydia apps. But get iPhone working again.

b. Go back to other computer, restart phone again, have it working but with NO personal info on it, no apps.

c. Wait for firmware 4.0 to come out and pray that it heals the phone.

d. Slam head against the wall and cry (48 hours in now... so desperate for a solution)

Sorry for epic length post. If you could help I would appreciate it soooooooo much! If there's ANYTHING I have missed let me know.

p.s. Other things I have tried =
    Spirit JB
    Blackrain JB
    ih8snow 3.1.3
    Windows 7 logon as different user
    Disable WiFi Sync
    Disable Backoff

Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!

Thanks

you can go to the other computer to get it working, use spirit to jailbreak, install openssh and manually put your contacts back in from the last backup of your phone from your computer...do a little searching and you will find step by step instructions