Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: list of jailbreak apps that DO and DO NOT work so far on iOS4

Default list of jailbreak apps that DO and DO NOT work so far on iOS4
    according to another post mywi doesn't work, and will require you to restore before you can use your phone again.

same with Blacksn0w from blackra1n.com repo. i just had to restore. sucked.

the eagos commcenter tethering patch doesn't work. gives an error message.

mobile terminal doesn't work.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

**EDIT**: We are now tracking them via spreadsheet here: http://spreadsheets.google.com/lv?ke...g&f=true&gid=1

Feel free to use this thread to discuss the app compatibility, but please add to the spreadsheet as well!

Thank you, I was searching all over for this.

Snappy didn't work, though I think it relates to Activator and/or PreferenceLoader.

Activator or PreferenceLoader prevents Settings from opening. Just the main page of settings though... if you install it after exiting Settings when you're viewing About, for instance, you can install them and open Settings at the About screen, but going back to the Settings main page, it closes.

Sbsettings installed and everything but I can't get it to show (swiping the top bar). I can't change that default either as Activator won't work.

Still testing them out. It seems pretty fast, perhaps due to a lack of Cydia apps (heh) or just due to improvements. Love the single inbox.

Restoring via iTunes kept both exchange accounts created by addexchange (or whatever that app is).

Cyntact crashes MobileSubstrate
    Last edited by z6joker9; 2010-06-10 at 05:54 PM.

Blacksn0w doesn't work? So does ultrasn0w work to unlock the iPhone? I'm still on 04.26.08 baseband.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

iFile works.

iLocalis works EDIT: actually, it appears to cause the iphone to reboot on occassion. The functions appear to work but I don't want my device rebooting at random

Universal Search crashes mobilesubstrate.
    Last edited by z6joker9; 2010-06-09 at 04:27 PM.

Current Version of Lockinfo or weathericon dont work.

WeatherIcon crashes mobilesubstrate
    Lockinfo....Locks you out of settings.

status notifier crashes mobilesubstrate
    exchange unlock crashes mubilesubstrate

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Y'all are funny. You should be listing the apps that DO work on iOS 4 considering that list will be much much shorter. None of these mobile substrate apps will be publicly updated until after Apple releases the firmware in iTunes. This is a lost cause for now.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (2010-06-15), mortopher (2010-06-10)

QuckLock is randomly crashing springboard and going into safe mode. Same here with sbsettings. My available RAM can be seen in the status bar but swiping will not bring it up.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Y'all are funny. You should be listing the apps that DO work on iOS 4 considering that list will be much much shorter. None of these mobile substrate apps will be publicly updated until after Apple releases the firmware in iTunes. This is a lost cause for now.
    We'll probably create a spreadsheet at somepoint to make this manageable, but if all we post are apps that work, this would be a *very* short list. It's helpful to see apps that have been tried and failed (and then needed restore) so that I don't test those same ones.

iPhone? More like MyPhone gsmumbo's Avatar
    Thanks

Agreed. If you don't post what is not working everyone will keep testing the same stuff over and over. A thread is a living document that changes over time as things update. So it is not a lost cause. As a side note you always seem to be pointing out negative things in every topic Poseidon. Right now there are people who are jail broken on 4.0 GM, whether legit devs or not. May as well have a list of what works and what to be careful of instead of 100 posts about "omgz an app is crashing my phone HELP".

had to install flashlight twice, but it does work.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I'm only negative to the retarded people that don't seem to put any thought into their thread or read before posting.. ya know... common sense and decent forum etiquette. In this case the fact that 4.0 is not public yet means 99% of all Cydia and App Store apps will not work.. and will not be updated and released until after the 21st so IMO this thread is a waste of time until June 21st when apps are actually updated to the public.

Anything having to do with a mobile substrate plug-in = won't work yet. Every single app so far in this thread that's failed is a mobile substrate plug-in!

anyone tried biteSMS yet?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I'm only negative to the retarded people that don't seem to put any thought into their thread or read before posting.. ya know... common sense and decent forum etiquette. In this case the fact that 4.0 is not public yet means 99% of all Cydia and App Store apps will not work.. and will not be updated and released until after the 21st so IMO this thread is a waste of time until June 21st when apps are actually updated to the public.

Anything having to do with a mobile substrate plug-in = won't work yet. Every single app so far in this thread that's failed is a mobile substrate plug-in!
    Actually, every App Store app I've tried works. But yes, most of these issues revolve around mobile substrate. At least we can figure out which apps don't require a plug-in. If you're not going to contribute, I'm not sure why you bother posting in the thread. It just makes it more unmanageable.

I'm still waiting for an "official" jailbreak for 3GS, I tried that whole thing thought I had my phone completely bricked. Finally got it to restore after the third try :/

Anyway, I know MyWi was already mentioned, but I'm hoping for at least GV Mobile and possibly backgrounder (until Skype rolls out their 4.0 update).

Can anyone try these? Thanks!

In this case the fact that 4.0 is not public yet means 99% of all Cydia and App Store apps will not work.. and will not be updated and released until after the 21st so IMO this thread is a waste of time until June 21st when apps are actually updated to the public.
    so you are speaking for Saurik/Cydia and all app developers and saying that none of their apps will be ready for 4.0 (or v4.0 compatible versions released) until June 21?

The whole reason that redsn0w was made to work with iOS4 beta versions was so that jailbreak app developers can get cracking early on making their apps compatible with iOS4. iFile is a great example of this. The developer actively tested and worked iOS4 compatibility into the newest versions of his app before GM was released.

I am sure there are other developers out there who have done the same thing. I am not sure what the others are waiting for?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Gvmobile and Skype both worked. I'm going to assume backgrounder doesn't but 4.0 enables multitasking so it's not a big deal (once apps support it)

basically I just cant wait for LockInfo and biteSMS to work

has anyone tried Status Notifier?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Pkgbackup won't install

Status notifier crashes MS as expected.

Appbackup appears to work. Backed up an app in 4.0 and restored one from 3.1.3 data. Though it appears that restoring my backup on iTunes kept my data as my Apps' settings were in tact before installing appbackup. It can restore settings to apps as I can change something, then restore in app backup and it reverts to previous save point.
    Last edited by z6joker9; 2010-06-10 at 07:30 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

make it mine works

5 icon dock dont work
    Last edited by hardskies; 2010-06-10 at 07:31 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast