Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: list of jailbreak apps that DO and DO NOT work so far on iOS4

Quote Originally Posted by z6joker9 View Post
    If he doesn't post lockinfo instructions, I will do that later. I just wanted to point out that preferenceloader was updated this morning and now works with 4.0!

Actually since preferenceloader works now, it should be straightforward, right? Also sbsettings should be easy, no reason to follow that guide above!

I reinstalled SBSettings, but can still not open Settings with preferenceloader enabled. Is there some other way to update preferenceloader? The reason to follow the instructions above was to open SBSettings with the homebutton, right?

Edit: I opened Cydia and the PreferenceLoader update was enable. But I had forgotten to enable PreferenceLoader in SBSettings, so now i have double toggles, one PreferenceLoader what is enable and one that is disable
    Last edited by NinjaSteve; 2010-06-11 at 04:28 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaSteve View Post
    But I had forgotten to enable PreferenceLoader in SBSettings, so now i have double toggles, one PreferenceLoader what is enable and one that is disable
    I do too. Uninstalling/reinstalling preferenceloader and sbsettings didn't help, so I'll look for a quickfix later. EDIT: pretty easy actually... activate both of them, uninstall preference loader, then reinstall it (and anything else it uninstalled because of dependencies)

Quote Originally Posted by heli332 View Post
    @z6joker9 Thank you! :-)

SBSettings now work, but all the toggles are gone. I only have one toggle - bitesms. They are not deactivated either. Anybody??
    Check and make sure you installed sbsettingstoggles in Cydia and/or reinstall it.
    Last edited by z6joker9; 2010-06-11 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Where can I find preferenceloader in cydia? I need to reinstall it as well

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i_eversaw View Post
    Where can I find preferenceloader in cydia? I need to reinstall it as well
    If you've already installed it, just open Cydia and it will tell you to update it in the Changes tab. If you installed it and disabled it, reenable it before updating it (in sbsettings > more > mobilesubstrate).

If you haven't downloaded it, just search for it. If preferenceloader doesn't show up on search, it might be filtered out (ie not considered a user-level app but you are a cydia "user" vs hacker/dev). Installing activator will install preferenceloader... actually just install anything that needs activator (lockinfo, for instance) and you'll get the whole party.

If you've already installed it, just open Cydia and it will tell you to update it in the Changes tab. If you installed it and disabled it, reenable it before updating it (in sbsettings > more > mobilesubstrate).

If you haven't downloaded it, just search for it. If preferenceloader doesn't show up on search, it might be filtered out (ie not considered a user-level app but you are a cydia "user" vs hacker/dev). Installing activator will install preferenceloader... actually just install anything that needs activator (lockinfo, for instance) and you'll get the whole party.
    Thanks and I have done this but I cannot get LockInfo to work..... Any help?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by livnxxl View Post
    Thanks and I have done this but I cannot get LockInfo to work..... Any help?
    Did you go to settings and enable lockinfo on lockscreen? Go to general and turn off Hide Empty Sections also to ensure it's not just hiding everything.

If you don't see lockinfo in settings app, Go to Cydia and manage packages, find preferenceloader and make sure it is v 2.0.2-1

You can edit the plist but it is 10x easier to do it through settings and *show* work at this point.

If none of this helps, explain what you've installed and what your phone is doing.

preference loader is correct. SBSettings is working and I can see activator in Settings.app

I install Lockinfo 2.3.1.0, respring phone and Spring Board Crashes....

I press OK and can no longer access SbSsetting or Activator

preference loader is correct. SBSettings is working and I can see activator in Settings.app

I install Lockinfo 2.3.1.0, respring phone and Spring Board Crashes....

I have the exact same problem. Does it have anything to do with the Activator settings?
    Sorry for my bad English, I'm from Sweden. But I'm awesome because I have to fight polar bears all the time.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I install Lockinfo 2.3.1.0
    Ah, I see the problem.

Add this source:

Code:
    http://david.ashman.com/beta/
    Install LockInfo 2.3.2.4

Cheers!

Pressing OK leaves it in Safe Mode so mobilesubstrate addons do not load (so that you can correct what caused the problem). You'll have to respring to get them back. Usually you can tap the statusbar to bring the crash notification back and respring, but statusbar gestures aren't working yet.
    Last edited by z6joker9; 2010-06-11 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to z6joker9 For This Useful Post:

livnxxl (2010-06-11), NinjaSteve (2010-06-11)

Got SBSettings working here now! Woop!

DONE!!!! LockINFO Working!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah, I see the problem.

Add this source:

Code:
    Install LockInfo 2.3.2.4

Cheers!

Pressing OK leaves it in Safe Mode so mobilesubstrate addons do not load (so that you can correct what caused the problem). You'll have to respring to get them back. Usually you can tap the statusbar to bring the crash notification back and respring, but statusbar gestures aren't working yet.

Ah, I see the problem.

Add this source:

Code:
    Install LockInfo 2.3.2.4

Cheers!

It really works! Big thanks!
    Sorry for my bad English, I'm from Sweden. But I'm awesome because I have to fight polar bears all the time.

Got me LockInfo working too!! And BiteSMS!!
    Happy man here!!!

Shame that infoshade crashes mobilesubstrate though :-(

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Haptic pro not working at all.
    Volume button extender working but i believe its also causing some crashing.
    Glovepod NOT working. Had to restore my phone and re JB.
    SBRotator not working, installs and you can edit under settings but no rotation.
    Last edited by wrcsti; 2010-06-11 at 10:07 PM.

iFile isnt working for me.
    Tried official file first, didnt work, even after several reboots and resprings.
    Tried unofficial (hacked) repo file next, same deal, same result.
    Then tried another unofficial file, same deal, same result.
    Also tried disableing Firewall iP, creating customized rules, uninstalling that...on and on....been going for more than six hours now just trying to get ifile to work......no luck....

Any ideas?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I'm using iFile 1.2.2 I think, I works for me.

Finally got ifile to work… after a restore! Caused a respring loop screwing around with too many files and had little choice. Installed ifile before sbsettings etc and it now works fine (apart from the crashing movies).

I see there was an update to Activator today (to 1.3.2) and status bar swipes now work again. Great work !

I can't for the life of me get BiteSMS or Lockinfo working though got all the right versions (I think)

Lockinfo causes mobile substrate to crash and BiteSMS just exits out before it displays any messages at all.

can anyone think of anything I might have missed ?

Lockinfo 2.3.2.4
    Activator 1.3.2
    Preference Loader 2.0.2-1

iPhone 3G(S) old bootrom on iOS4GM jailbroken

cheers
    Last edited by maltloaf; 2010-06-14 at 09:22 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maltloaf View Post
    I see there was an update to Activator today (to 1.3.2) and status bar swipes now work again. Great work !

I can't for the life of me get BiteSMS or Lockinfo working though got all the right versions (I think)

Lockinfo causes mobile substrate to crash and BiteSMS just exits out before it displays any messages at all.

can anyone think of anything I might have missed ?

Lockinfo 2.3.2.4
    Activator 1.3.2
    Preference Loader 2.0.2-1

iPhone 3G(S) old bootrom on iOS4GM jailbroken

cheers
    I know BiteSMS only works if you have the beta.

What plugins do you have for Lockinfo? Weather doesn't work (causes weathericon to install which crashes).

im not too fussed on BiteSMS as I'm a long term iRealSMS user, I just wondered how it was working for some and not me.

Not too sure on my plugins, I restored from a backup which would have contained my lockinfo config I guess, but weathericon doesnt seem to be installed...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast