Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: list of jailbreak apps that DO and DO NOT work so far on iOS4

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

irealsms is busted

Quote Originally Posted by z6joker9 View Post
    Snappy didn't work, though I think it relates to Activator and/or PreferenceLoader.

Activator or PreferenceLoader prevents Settings from opening. Just the main page of settings though... if you install it after exiting Settings when you're viewing About, for instance, you can install them and open Settings at the About screen, but going back to the Settings main page, it closes.

I can confirm it is related to Activator (libactivator). If you uninstall that app but leave preference loader, you can still use settings properly

Cheers!
    CJ

Scrobbl works: the status bar icon doesn't appear for me, but it scrobbled to lastfm

Anyone try OpenSSH yet?

Quote Originally Posted by brianlg View Post
    basically I just cant wait for LockInfo and biteSMS to work

has anyone tried Status Notifier?
    BiteSMS works, go to the developers site, read the directions for emailing him and he will send you the repo for the beta version that works on 4.0. I am running it now on my 3Gs with ios 4.0.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brianlg View Post
    Scrobbl works: the status bar icon doesn't appear for me, but it scrobbled to lastfm

Anyone try OpenSSH yet?
    Yes, OpenSSH works, but remember your password is reset to alpine and you'll need to change it soon as you can't just disable SSH via Sbsettings yet.

I started a spreadsheet based on the iPad JB spreadsheet. Continue to use this thread to discuss issues and such, but add your apps and notes to the spreadsheet as you discover them!

http://spreadsheets.google.com/lv?ke...g&f=true&gid=1
    Last edited by z6joker9; 2010-06-10 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by chinkyjew View Post
    I can confirm it is related to Activator (libactivator). If you uninstall that app but leave preference loader, you can still use settings properly

Cheers!
    CJ
    It's not activator that is causing Settings.app to crash. If you disable PreferenceLoader by renaming PreferenceLoader.dylib to PreferenceLoader.disabled, Settings.app won't crash and Activator still works. I'm currently using short hold home button to open SBSettings so obviously Activator works. Although none of the status bar or swipe methods work.

LockInfo also works.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Thanks SaiZn, I noticed your contributions to the spreadsheet.

I installed Sbsettings, changed plist to short menu hold, then installed activator and preferenceloader, then disabled preferenceloader using Sbsettings (Mobile Substrate Addons). Settings now opens appropriately.

For some reason, the restarting springboard picture shows up in the background whenever I activate Sbsettings. Now if I actually restart springboard (using sbsettings) I get stuck on that springboard picture. I can get it to go away by accessing voice control. Any ideas?

Where the heck is the config for LockInfo? I'm assuming that's how you configured it since we can't use preferenceloader.
    Last edited by z6joker9; 2010-06-10 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

/User/Library/Preferences/com.ashman.LockInfo.plist
    Mail doesn't work correctly. I have to unlock my phone and lock it again for it to show up.

Thanks SaiZn, I noticed your contributions to the spreadsheet.

I installed Sbsettings, changed plist to short menu hold, then installed activator and preferenceloader, then disabled preferenceloader using Sbsettings (Mobile Substrate Addons). Settings now opens appropriately.

For some reason, the restarting springboard picture shows up in the background whenever I activate Sbsettings. Now if I actually restart springboard (using sbsettings) I get stuck on that springboard picture. I can get it to go away by accessing voice control. Any ideas?

Where the heck is the config for LockInfo? I'm assuming that's how you configured it since we can't use preferenceloader.
    Which plist do you edit to change it to short menu hold?

Thanks

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by heli332 View Post
    Which plist do you edit to change it to short menu hold?

Thanks
    There are 6, two for springboard, two for lockscreen, and two for applications. You have 2 each for swipe left and swipe right. You probably don't want to pull it up on lockscreen, so delete both of those, and leave one each for the other two.

I don't have the actual items in front of me right now but I will again in the morning and can copy/paste, if you haven't figured it out by then.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The only thing I got to work so far is **********. everything from the ******* repo works
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-06-11 at 05:21 AM. Reason: No piracy repos allowed

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Talk about cracked apps/warez/piracy is not allowed. Please refrain from mentioning those.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

There are 6, two for springboard, two for lockscreen, and two for applications. You have 2 each for swipe left and swipe right. You probably don't want to pull it up on lockscreen, so delete both of those, and leave one each for the other two.

I don't have the actual items in front of me right now but I will again in the morning and can copy/paste, if you haven't figured it out by then.
    Do you think you can go into more detail?

Thanks

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JayStinJa View Post
    Do you think you can go into more detail? :

Thanks
    Depreciated! Just use the newest version of preferenceloader to change sbsetting activation to short menu hold rather than statusbar swipe

Sorry, I was writing a quick reply as I had guests over at the time, and I was making assumptions that whoever was reading would be familiar with the system. I also misread the question. I'll write more general instructions. Try this:

Download OpenSSH in Cydia.
    Download Filezilla or some other FTP client that can do SFTP

Make sure you are on a computer that is on the same network as the iPhone (keep the iphone awake during the process)

In filezilla, control+S
    Create New Site > Host should be your iPhone's local IP address, usually 192.168.X.XXX. You can find it in Settings > General > Wifi > Connected Network Details (the little arrow to the side)

Logon type normal, username is root, password is alpine (you will need to change this password soon, if you can't find instructions on how, I can probably post some later)

When you log in for the first time, it will probably ask you something about caching a key. Click yes or accept, etc

Navigate to and download this file to your PC

/User/Library/Caches/libactivator.plist

Download a plist editor
    Windows:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/windows-spe...st-editor.html
    or
    plist Editor for Windows Download - Softpedia

Use the editor to open the file you copied from the iPhone to your PC.

Find 6 entries that look similar to this:

Code:
    <string>com.bigboss.sbsettings</string>
    Above each one will be a "key" like this:
    Code:
    <key>LAEventListener(application)-libactivator.statusbar.swipe.left</key>
    Delete all but two of those string and key combos that reference com.bigboss.sbsettings

Change the key for the last two to these:
    Code:
    <key>LAEventListener(application)-libactivator.menu.hold.short</key>

and

<key>LAEventListener(springboard)-libactivator.menu.hold.short</key>
    So instead of the 6 key and string combos that reference sbsettings, you should only have 2, and they should look like this:

Code:
    <key>LAEventListener(application)-libactivator.menu.hold.short</key>

<key>LAEventListener(springboard)-libactivator.menu.hold.short</key>
    Save it, and upload it back to /User/Library/Caches/, and respring your phone.

To respring, I just downloaded activator and preferenceloader. You'll need to disable preferenceloader since it crashes the settings app. Sbsettings should work now, so just open sbsettings (short home button press), click more, click mobile substrate addons, and disable preferenceloader. All done!
    _____

Depreciated! Just use the newest version of preferenceloader to change sbsetting activation to short menu hold rather than statusbar swipe
    Last edited by z6joker9; 2010-06-11 at 04:44 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

That's a lot of detail

z6joker9 AWESOME POST! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SaiZn View Post
    It's not activator that is causing Settings.app to crash. If you disable PreferenceLoader by renaming PreferenceLoader.dylib to PreferenceLoader.disabled, Settings.app won't crash and Activator still works. I'm currently using short hold home button to open SBSettings so obviously Activator works. Although none of the status bar or swipe methods work.

LockInfo also works.
    I got SBS working but how did you get LOCKINFO to work???
    Last edited by livnxxl; 2010-06-11 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

@z6joker9 Thank you! :-)

SBSettings now work, but all the toggles are gone. I only have one toggle - bitesms. They are not deactivated either. Anybody??

Has anyone tried 3gunrestrictor to see if that works?

SBSettings now working for me, but how did u manage to get Lockinfo working???

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

If he doesn't post lockinfo instructions, I will do that later. I just wanted to point out that preferenceloader was updated this morning and now works with 4.0!

Actually since preferenceloader works now, it should be straightforward, right? Also sbsettings should be easy, no reason to follow that guide above!
    Last edited by z6joker9; 2010-06-11 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast