Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: custom firmware ques

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default custom firmware ques
    I have an oud bootrom 3gs and I've heard the battery is actually better on 3.1.3. I'm currently on 3.1.2 and can come and go as I please since I'm old BR but is it worth the time to reload everything. I don't figure that I'll be going to 4.0 even a little while after it comes out until most of my key JB apps are compatible. Would it be worth the time to go from 3.1.2 custom to 3.1.3 custom via pwnage?

Thanks as always!!
    Last edited by mj0528; 2010-06-09 at 05:13 AM. Reason: mistake

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mj0528 View Post
    I have an oud bootrom 3gs and I've heard the battery is actually better on 3.1.3. I'm currently on 3.1.2 and can come and go as I please since I'm old BR but is it worth the time to reload everything. I don't figure that I'll be going to 4.0 even a little while after it comes out until most of my key JB apps are compatible. Would it be worth the time to go from 3.1.2 custom to 3.1.3 custom via pwnage?

Thanks as always!!
    No the battery does not have any noticeable nor significant improvement. Yes, always use custom firmware for your case.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

It can't hurt to try. I personally would just stick it out on 3.1.2 until 4.o I released. It won't be much longer. In the mean time look into what you have installed that tasks your battery.