Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: (iPhone3Gs) 4.0 PwnageTool Jailbreak

Default (iPhone3Gs) 4.0 PwnageTool Jailbreak
    Here what happen when i tried the J.B released by msft.guy.

I have Apple Dev. Account. On MacBook Pro 10.6.3 / iTunes beta 9.2

Follow the steps and during install i receive 1600 error in DFU Mode. Next i tried Recovery mode and receive 1604 error.

Now i'm stuck and not sure what to do..... IRecovery work!!! iPhone back to 3.1.3 Jailbroken with Spirit

Wondering how you get around iTunes error 1600 /1604 on OSX 10.6.3 & iTunes Beta 9.2

Jailbreak iPhone 3GS iOS 4 GM with PwnageTool
    STEP 1 – Required Stuff

* Download PwnageTool 3.1.5
    * Download PwnageTool Bundle for iPhone 3Gs iOS 4 GM [Mirror 1]
    * Download RedSn0w 0.9.5b4
    * Download iOS 4 GM

STEP 2 – Add Custom Bundles to PwnageTool

1. Extract the downloaded iPhone2,1_4.0_8A293_bundle.zip.
    2. Right Click on the PwnageTool.app and click on Show Package Contents.
    3. Then navigate to the following directory: Contents>Resources>FirmwareBundles and copy the extracted iPhone2,1_4.0_8A293_bundle.bundle into FirmwareBundles directory.

STEP 3 – Add New Cydia to PwnageTool

1. Right click on the downloaded RedSn0w jailbreak and go to Show Package Contents.
    2. Go to: Contents>MacOS and copy the Cydia.tar.gz from that folder to your desktop and Extract it.

Now copy the extracted Cydia folder to PwnageTool.app. To do that:

1. Right click on Pwnagetool.app and ‘Show Package Contents’.
    2. Go to : Contents > Resources > CustomPackages and then Right click on ‘CydiaInstaller.bundle’ and ‘Show Package Contents’
    3. Go to: Files folder and overwrite all the files with the ones you just extracted from redsn0w. That’s it.

STEP 4 – Create Custom iOS 4 Firmware

Now that you have modified the PwnageTool.app, it’s time to create custom iOS 4 firmware with pwnageTool for iPhone 3GS using downloaded iOS 4 GM. If you don’t know how to, follow the guide linked below to create Custom firmware with pwnageTool,

How to: Create Custom Firmware with PwnageTool
    STEP 5. Restore Custom Firmware

Once you’ve created the custom firmware (CFW), Put your iPhone 3Gs into Recovery/Restore Mode and restore your device via iTunes with CFW. That’s it.

Have fun with iPhone 3G iOS 4 jailbroken!

http://modmyi.com/forums/general/713...wnagetool.html

Please reply here.

Sorry, I accidently posted this twice. 1st time i didn't think it posted. Sorry for confusion.
    Last edited by wbsmith; 2010-06-09 at 02:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

im confused, did this work or not?

......epic

I'm getting the 1604 error as well. I've tried Restoring from the normal 4.0 GM, and from a 3.1.3 JB with Spirit.

I went back to the 4.0 gm for now so I can have service. But I want to be able to jailbreak this!

No, because the custom firmware will not install.

I got 1604 in DFU mode, so I tried normal recovery mode and everything seems to be going alright so far. I'll let you know if that changes..

/update: I installed successfully, but I don't have a simcard for my phone's native carrier, so it isn't activated. PwnageTool didn't seem to do it for me.
    Last edited by Blax; 2010-06-09 at 05:25 AM.

what version of iTunes and OSX are you using?

You tried normal recovery on what firmware to start? And I'm assuming iTunes 9.2.

I've tried DFU and recovery, either 1600 or 1604, tried rebuilding the ISPW multiple times, it's a no go.

OS X 10.6.3 , iTunes 9.2. Originally on 3.1.2, so I don't have the upgraded baseband. I can't get past the activation screen (I'm in a different country, don't have my phone's native SIM card), but I'm trying to see if I can hacktivate with msft.guy's blacksn0w mod (which I can't run because I can't ssh onto the phone for some reason, even though I installed Open SSH, gah!)

Hmm well I can only go to 3.1.3 (got my phone replaced and it came with that firmware) but it shouldn't really be a problem and I'm on the same platform as you so I don't see why it shouldn't work...

When I start the restore, it stays on the "Preparing for restore" window. Anyone get the same issue ?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I followed instructions posted on the hackintosh site and it went without a hitch!

Dell 10V with Snow Leopard
    iTunes 9.2
    Dev Account
    Upgraded from a jb 3.1.3 3GS
    Legit activation

Now I have 16GB 3GS with Cydia and custom boot screens. 4.0 (8A293), AT&T 7.0, Modem 04.26.08

Link to instructions I followed
    Jailbreak iPhone 3GS iOS 4 GM with Pwnage Tool | iPhone

I managed to unlock my phone, but it's still unactivated. Why didn't I take my SIM with me?! arrrgh!

I don't know if there's any way for me to hacktivate this or not...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blax View Post
    I managed to unlock my phone, but it's still unactivated. Why didn't I take my SIM with me?! arrrgh!

I don't know if there's any way for me to hacktivate this or not...

Isn't there an option to Activate the phone when going through Pwnage settings?

I got stuck right here
    3. Then navigate to the following directory: Contents>Resources>FirmwareBundles and copy the extracted iPhone2,1_4.0_8A293_bundle.bundle into FirmwareBundles directory.
    I drag it into firmwarebundels/folder
    It said file cannot be moved because bundel cannot be modified
    Any help?
    Thanks

There is an option, it just doesn't do anything.

Anybody with iPhone Model -

3.1.3 (7E18)
    Modem 05.12.01
    Bootloader 6.4
    Model MB71...
    J.B. with Spirit

Able to get this to work? i've tried iphoneheat and hackintosh instructions. I get the same error message in iTunes!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

you must have pwned it with pwnagetool or redsnow, not spirit or blackra1n for you to use custom firmwares

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    you must have pwned it with pwnagetool or redsnow, not spirit or blackra1n for you to use custom firmwares
    Can't you still load the firmware it in DFU mode though? pwnagetool should have a DFU helper.

I originally JB'ed this 3GS on 3.0 with quickpwn if my memory serves me. I've been using custom firmwares since with no problems (from recovery, not DFU).

I think my GF's 3Gs was done with blackra1n on 3.1.3, so I may give it a whirl if she stops playing bejeweled anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 8715000 View Post
    I got stuck right here
    I drag it into firmwarebundels/folder
    It said file cannot be moved because bundel cannot be modified
    Any help?
    Thanks
    Assuming PwnageTool_3.1.5.dmg is in your downloads, open the dmg from Downloads and drag the PwnageTool Icon (with the Pineapple) over to your desktop. Rightclick on the icon on your desktop and show package contents. Navigate to the appropriate folder and drag the bundle into the FirwareBundles folder. See if that works.
    Last edited by z6joker9; 2010-06-09 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

So there's no public lockdownd patch for the 4.0 3GS, meaning if you don't have a legitimately activated phone, it won't work. I'm trying to get a working version (it exists, but isn't public).

i have activated phone and Apple Dev. Account. Doesn't work with my baseband and bootloader....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast