Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: need help with jailbreaking my iphone 3g

Default need help with jailbreaking my iphone 3g
    i am a total newcomer to the iphone jailbreaking world and totally have no idea what its all about. i have looked into the different programs and as soon as i find one i like and got good reviews someone says it rubbish. PLEASE someone help me

Thanks

More info. What firmware are you on?

That is my problem I am not sure. All my iPhone updates are done I check every couple of weeks. It's just a standard 3g 8gb.

Just checked and it says it's running 3.1.3 version think that is what your after
    Last edited by superjohnnyboi; 2010-06-07 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

If all you're wanting is a jailbreak, use Spirit. I used it three times with no issues.

What site would u use to download the apps??? Is spirit an easy system to use??? What other options do I have other the jail breaking it???

Thanks

Spirit is literally one click. Download it. Run it. Click the button.

Spirit

If I was to do it and I break would I be able to undo it so I could get it fixed? Would apple know I had done it?

Thanks

To undo it restore in iTunes. It would take some real digging for them to find out and they never dig that deep.

I have now managed to jailbreak my iPhone but wondering if you know of and good source for cydia were I can get game apps themes and games. I have found some on the Internet but are rubbish or don't work. Do you know of any good ones???

Thanks

there is a list of repositories here Cydia | iPhone Apps | Search powered by ModMyi.com

I have managed to download a few game off my dtune app but I am unable to play them die to them being ipa. Any got and ideas what I can do to get it working so I can play them??? I have tried downloading d.mobilecinema.com but just said it was a bad link.

I have just seen the update for the iPhone and seen the files for the home screen. Is there a way I can get the same with rock app or cydia???