View Poll Results: Will you buy the iPhone 4 when it is out June 24th??

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • HELL YA RIGHT AWAY ON THE GRAND OPENING

48 76.19%
  • Heck no, it is a trick to take all our money to that *^$^*ing Steve

15 23.81%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will you buy the iPhone 4???

Should I assume that if iOS4 is JB that the new iPhone 4 will be JB'able too?

Voted yes, but I'll likely wait until I see some benchmarks of the iphone and the 1GHz snapdragon android phones.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Android 2.1 with a 1Ghz snapdragon is slow and laggy from the reviews I've read. It's just a resource hog from what I can tell. Android 2.2 is supposed to be more efficient.. so we'll have to wait and see. The A4 SoC however is MUCH more efficient than the snapdragon and the iOS is much smoother than any Android UI or modded Sense UI.

I'll wait for the iphone 5 because my att upgrade will be right about that time.
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 2010-06-10 at 03:22 AM. Reason: cleaned up

not enough new features to want me buy the new iPhone 4,, I'll wait until the iPhone5, in the meantime the EVO 4G running 2.2 looks really good... I gave it a test drive today and all I can say is FAST and Smooth.
    Last edited by eortizr; 2010-06-10 at 03:20 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falim View Post
    Voted yes, but I'll likely wait until I see some benchmarks of the iphone and the 1GHz snapdragon android phones.
    Like I mentioned in another thread. You can't really do benchmarks on this. For one Android is built for different hardware in mind. The iOS is built for each piece iPhone model specifically. Meaning that the iOS will run better because it was built for that exact chip. Android was built for multiple chips.

The OS determines the benchmarks for these pretty much. If the Android version was really stripped of all excess code for other devices and then very finely tuned specifically for the snapdragon, taking all other hardware code out, then it would run very fast.

The same applies to OSX. Apple builds it for their hardware and their hardware only. The hardware they decide to put in all Apple products. Hackintoshes need some tweaking to run properly.
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-06-10 at 03:30 AM.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

in my department, that's called been a lazy developer... not been able to write a code that will run according to the hardware is put on and with no hardware restrictions...

Quote Originally Posted by slambo View Post
    Does anyone know the answer to this?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

But may I ask you all, what is the reason you want to buy iphone 4??

Well for me its just because it looks awesome, sxy a lil xP

But when I upgrade to IOS 4 I might change my mind of getting an iphone 4 soon...

If the bootrom is the same, yes.

I have not voted just because I'm not sure yet if I am gonna get it. I own a 3GS at present and have got it replaced recently because of some network issues. So practically my 3GS is brand new.

On top, to get the new iPhone, I have to pay at least twice as much as I am paying at the moment. I am on a sim only iPhone tariff which can be upgraded any time to get a phone, so I am holding on to that.

Video calling is not new for us in the UK, so I am not too excited about the feature as it will not work without wifi anyway. and I have hardly seen anybody using video calling even if they have a phone which is capable of doing so. In real life I don't see much use of that FaceTime option.

I am also waiting to see how iOS 4 works like on the 3GS, because most of the features that Mr. Jobs highlighted in the WWDC is down to the OS more than the hardware.

I'm sure that the digital zoom and iMovie will be available for 3GS devices as well and not to mention the iBooks as well. Hopefully Apple has improved the picture compression algorithm for the camera app. It may not be able to take pics as 5MP camera but I am happy with the pic quality that 3GS captures during day light and the video quality ain't bad as well. I just want to see the difference once iPhone 4 comes out and then decide if upgrading for another 18 months for that device will be worth the money I am gonna spend.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to akash_nu For This Useful Post:

Taniban (2010-06-12)

I totally want one, but will I be able to Jail Break it? If so, I'm all over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5279636
    Quote Originally Posted by 5281259
    I would love to know the answer to this as well.

It looks like the devs have already been able to JB iOS4, but does anyone know if this means we'll be able to JB the iPhone 4 as soon as it's shipped? Or does this mean we are just able to JB 3G's and 3GS's running iOS4 (and not the iPhone 4 yet)?

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to buy the new iPhone 4 as soon as its available and whether or not we'll be able to JB it will make the difference for me.

Does anyone know at this point?

Thanks~

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by akash_nu View Post
    I have not voted just because I'm not sure yet if I am gonna get it. I own a 3GS at present and have got it replaced recently because of some network issues. So practically my 3GS is brand new.

On top, to get the new iPhone, I have to pay at least twice as much as I am paying at the moment. I am on a sim only iPhone tariff which can be upgraded any time to get a phone, so I am holding on to that.

Video calling is not new for us in the UK, so I am not too excited about the feature as it will not work without wifi anyway. and I have hardly seen anybody using video calling even if they have a phone which is capable of doing so. In real life I don't see much use of that FaceTime option.

I am also waiting to see how iOS 4 works like on the 3GS, because most of the features that Mr. Jobs highlighted in the WWDC is down to the OS more than the hardware.

I'm sure that the digital zoom and iMovie will be available for 3GS devices as well and not to mention the iBooks as well. Hopefully Apple has improved the picture compression algorithm for the camera app. It may not be able to take pics as 5MP camera but I am happy with the pic quality that 3GS captures during day light and the video quality ain't bad as well. I just want to see the difference once iPhone 4 comes out and then decide if upgrading for another 18 months for that device will be worth the money I am gonna spend.
    I feel about the same way but I have an iPhone 3g though and it is quite sluggish for me now so I might have to bite the bullet and pre order hoping Apple had made a great product.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Yep! End of July with Telus. Gonna buy it on no contract, then gonna get a micro sim and use it. Possibly even an iPad plan and then just get a VoIP app to call. Is there any actually designated micro-sim plans for a phone? Just wondering.

Assuming Iphone 4 keeps the CURRENT BootROM, then YES u will be able to JB it on iOS 4......However, IF (for some reason), Apple added some security features to the BootROM or even updated to a newish BootROM. Then the chances of a JB on Iphone 4 will be waited on......So to answer the question about "Can we JB an Iphone4"......We will NOT know for sure until we put our hands on an Iphone 4.

YUP cant wait, prordering through ATT and having it delivered to my doorstep. Screw waiting in long lines.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12