Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Trouble Downgrading from OS4 to 3.1.3 3GS

Default Trouble Downgrading from OS4 to 3.1.3 3GS
    Hey guys,
    I am having problem trying to downgrade my os4 beta 4 to 3.1.3. Just want to get back to official OS. for my 3GS. The phone has never been jailbroken or anything.

I am on windows 7 btw. I have tried the restore from latest version of iTunes and put it in DFU mode when I got error 1015. Installed iRecovery and followed instructions with the compatability options and running as administrator. When i get to command prompt I run iRecovery -s and i get Got USB, No iPhone/iPod found.

How do I get around this? I have followed the instructions and reset it abunch of times to keep getting it in DFU mode but it will not find the phone via iRecovery? I have tried different usb ports too. Right now it's showing the connect to iTunes on the screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

After the failed restore, reboot the phone and use blackra1n while the phone is in recovery mode.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

mmmmm any other reason other than getting back to official OS? Something you didnt like out of it

I tried to do this after iOS4 beta 3 failed on me; it was horrendously laggy and unresponsive.
    I attempted a downgrade and it failed miserably... I could get iPhone to boot with iRecovery but when it finally did the only apps installed were weather and youtube. Restored 6+ times and it got progressively worse!
    Whether this was just my iPhone or not, i don't know but it's now in the capable hands of the Apple technicians.

iPhone? More like MyPhone gsmumbo's Avatar
    Thanks

Did you also install libusb?