Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem with Spirit

Angry Problem with Spirit
    Ok, I am new to all of this, but I have been doing tons of research. I have an iPhone 3Gs, 16gig, version 3.1.3(7E18) with a baseband of 05.12.01 and the new bootrom. Every time I go to jailbreak my phone it gives me a dl.exe - Application Error - The applicaton was unable to start correctly(0xc0000013). Click OK to close the application and Spirit says Failed to Jailbreak (error code c0000013). I have uninstalled and reinstalled Spirit, restarted the computer and phone. I am running Windows 7 32 bit and have tried ALL the compatibility modes as well as turning off Malware bytes and Norton. I also have tried the libeay32.dll solution to no avail.

I have spent hours trying to find this error code and have not found a single shred of info on it.

If anyone can shed any light on this it would be greatly appreciated. My friend has a 2g jailbroken and I would love to do the same to mine.

Thanks in advance.

Do you have access to any other computers (or operating system) you can try it on?

Yes. I thought about that on my way to work today. I have one computer that is still running XP and I will try it tonight.

Maybe I should have turned off Norton before I dowloaded Spirit...I don't know. I used my one computer still running XP and it flawlessly jailbroke the phone. Cydia is installed, ssh blob backed up and I instLled Winterboard with no problems. Anything else I should get? I am still learning. This is my first iPhone and have only had it three months. Thanks for the help!!
    Last edited by Ramprat; 2010-06-06 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

haha, nice. glad it all worked out.

I'd start off with the basics:

- SB Settings (lets you easily turn off/on functions with a swipe across the status bar)
    - OpenSSH (transfer files to/from you iphone using ssh software)
    - Mobile Terminal (I don't use it that often, but it's handle to un/re/install .deb packages w/o restarting your phone)