Results 1 to 13 of 13

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Broken WiFi w/ sn0wbreeze 3.1.3 - 04.26.08

  1. #1
    Default Broken WiFi w/ sn0wbreeze 3.1.3 - 04.26.08
    I upgraded from 3.01 to 3.1.3 with sn0wbreeze on my iPhone 3g. I am on tmobile, so I preserved my baseband of 04.26.08 in order to keep my unlock.

    After updating, my wifi has been broken. Networks get detected properly, but when I try and connect to a network it says "Unable to join the network."

    I thought I might be able to do a factory restore of 3.1.3 while preserving my baseband to see if that would fix it. I wanted to try and follow this tutorial:
    Preventing baseband update as a last-ditch effort [iPhone Dev Team]

    However, I do not have an at&t sim to activate my phone.

    Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on what I can do in order to fix this?

  2. #2
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Robby23 View Post
    I upgraded from 3.01 to 3.1.3 with sn0wbreeze on my iPhone 3g. I am on tmobile, so I preserved my baseband of 04.26.08 in order to keep my unlock.

    After updating, my wifi has been broken. Networks get detected properly, but when I try and connect to a network it says "Unable to join the network."

    I thought I might be able to do a factory restore of 3.1.3 while preserving my baseband to see if that would fix it. I wanted to try and follow this tutorial:
    Preventing baseband update as a last-ditch effort [iPhone Dev Team]

    However, I do not have an at&t sim to activate my phone.

    Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on what I can do in order to fix this?
    You just had a corrupted ipsw, create another one from SnowBreeze and do a restore again. In case you encounter error like #2,#4, after the flashing (the ending part), have quickpwn22 to error out. You may not get error, in which case, you will be restored successfully and be jailbroken at 3.1.3 and unlock with Ultrasn0w again.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    You just had a corrupted ipsw, create another one from SnowBreeze and do a restore again. In case you encounter error like #2,#4, after the flashing (the ending part), have quickpwn22 to error out. You may not get error, in which case, you will be restored successfully and be jailbroken at 3.1.3 and unlock with Ultrasn0w again.
    Thats just it though. I've tried already 3 times. I think its a problem with sn0wbreeze

  4. #4
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Robby23 View Post
    Thats just it though. I've tried already 3 times. I think its a problem with sn0wbreeze
    Then restore to stock 3.1.2, run Blackra1n or Spirit then unlock with Blaacksn0w...

  5. #5
    Okay I tried restoring to 3.1.3 without updating the baseband. I activated it with an AT&T SIM, but the wifi is still broken. Tried to update to 3.1.2 stock, but the wifi is still broken.

    I know its not a problem with my router because I was able to connect to it from another iPhone.



    EDIT: I even just tried to restore back to firmware 3.0.1 but still nothing. The wireless networks get detected but when I try and connect to them it says Unable to join network
    Last edited by Robby23; 2010-06-03 at 04:00 PM.

  6. #6
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Can you try and reset your router again ? So you do have the wifi, except that it is not connecting to your router.

  7. #7
    I've reset my router and restored it so many times. It's not the router because I've tried connecting to other wifi networks and I get the same error.

  8. #8
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Robby23 View Post
    I've reset my router and restored it so many times. It's not the router because I've tried connecting to other wifi networks and I get the same error.
    Was your Wifi working before you updated with SnowBreeze ?

  9. #9
    Yes, previously I was on 3.0.1 jailbroken with redsn0w and unlocked with ultrasn0w and it was working perfectly.

  10. #10
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Go to General > About and look at your wifi address : Do you see numbers there ?

  11. #11
    Yes I do see numbers there

  12. #12
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Robby23 View Post
    Yes I do see numbers there
    On your Iphone under Setting > Wifi > click on the router's name and choose forget this network.
    then join again to see if it works.You have to key in your password again and also try doing a reset on your Iphone ( if your ip address is Not 192.168....)
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-06-04 at 05:42 AM.

  13. #13
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    Is the wifi working on stock firmware before jailbreaking? If not, it's the phone that's messed up.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •