Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: used sn0wbreeze to mod 3.1.3 ipsw, phone now bricked

Default used sn0wbreeze to mod 3.1.3 ipsw, phone now bricked
    i did as instructed, but didn't notice the new ipsw file, i thought it'd modded the 3.1.3 one...di the shift restore through itunes and picked that one accidentally.

phone went to the activation screen but itunes wouldn't recognise it.

DFU'd it again, now itunes says it can't connect to the phone for some unknown reason. phone screen is black, can't do a thing with it. what now?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    i did as instructed, but didn't notice the new ipsw file, i thought it'd modded the 3.1.3 one...di the shift restore through itunes and picked that one accidentally.

phone went to the activation screen but itunes wouldn't recognise it.

DFU'd it again, now itunes says it can't connect to the phone for some unknown reason. phone screen is black, can't do a thing with it. what now?
    Did you restore to the modded ipsw or the stock ipsw? Do a hard reset to get you out of DFU mode.

I picked the official 3.1.3 ipsw by mistake, i thought that sn0wbreeze had modified it, didn't spot the new one it'd created.....DOH!!!

how do i do a hard reset? can't get it into DFU mode, been trying for 3 hours now...

it'll go onto the "plug into itunes" activation screen, and nothing else. redsn0w won't talk to it, neither will itunes.

Thanks

Hold both the power and home button at the same time until it reboots up to emergency screen. You need an official sim card to activate it.

That really sucks , LOL : > you pick the wrong one..

sucess, rebooted the laptop and now it works....bloody thing must have balled up the USB connection or something

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    sucess, rebooted the laptop and now it works....bloody thing must have balled up the USB connection or something
    Good for you, are you on official carrier ?

Sort of, using an O2 sim, not iPhone specific. So I don't need the unlock, just jailbreak, which I've done with spirit.

Just annoying that the whole damn issue was the laptop and not the iPhone at all...v.frustrating.....