Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS Problem! Is 3.1.2 restore possible on 3GS ?

Exclamation iPhone 3GS Problem! Is 3.1.2 restore possible on 3GS ?
    I have an iPhone 3GS with 3.1.2 (baseband 5.11.07), which requires jailbreak every time it closes. I have used it for a while now with 3.1.2, blackra1n jailbreak. The iPhone suddenly froze yesterday and shut itself down. When I got home I tried to jailbreak-it so it will start-up again. When I ran blackra1n.exe it started the jailbreak normally but after 10 minutes it restarted itselft and put itself back into restore mode. I tried the jailbreak-ing procedure 5-6 time but still no luck, the iPhone still goes back into restore mode after trying to jailbreak.

I guess I don't have any alternative but to restore it. The problem is since Apple stopped signing 3.1.2 firmware the internet is a total mess and I wasn't able to find out if restoring 3.1.2 without SHSH is possible or not. Any ideeas?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Do you rely on an unlock or are you on an official carrier? If you don't need the unlock then you can update through iTunes to 3.1.3 and then jailbreak with Spirit. You won't have to plug your phone into your computer to reboot it thereafter either

There is a huge thread here about your very issue.

The iPhone is not Neverlocked if that is what u mean. It requires unlock too, not only jailbreak. I don't see the thread you are talking about...

Problem update:

I saved the SHSH with AutoSHSH and then tried this tutorial: Restore iPhone 3GS to 3.1.2 Using SHSHs on File with Cydia | Windows

DIDN'T WORK

I used sn0wbreeze to patch blackra1n and ran the jailbreak again.

DIDN'T WORK

Any other ideeas ?
    Last edited by moartea; 2010-06-01 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

http://modmyi.com/forums/general/701...boot-loop.html

What do you mean it is never locked? Is it factory unlocked?

IT IS LOCKED.

Neverlocked = NEVER LOCKED. Mine is NOT neverlocked.

From the thread you gave me I can see that this boot-loop has no resolution but my questions still remains:

IS 3.1.2 RESTORE POSSIBLE ON IPHONE 3GS ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moartea View Post
    IT IS LOCKED.

Neverlocked = NEVER LOCKED. Mine is NOT neverlocked.

From the thread you gave me I can see that this boot-loop has no resolution but my questions still remains:

IS 3.1.2 RESTORE POSSIBLE ON IPHONE 3GS ?
    You can only restore to 3.1.2 if you have your shsh files saved on Cydia. If you are never locked then just update to 3.1.3 in iTunes and then download Spirit to jailbreak. How much does a factory unlocked phone cost now a days?

And if I only have SHSH files saved to computer ?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moartea View Post
    I have an iPhone 3GS with 3.1.2 (baseband 5.11.07), which requires jailbreak every time it closes. I have used it for a while now with 3.1.2, blackra1n jailbreak. The iPhone suddenly froze yesterday and shut itself down. When I got home I tried to jailbreak-it so it will start-up again. When I ran blackra1n.exe it started the jailbreak normally but after 10 minutes it restarted itselft and put itself back into restore mode. I tried the jailbreak-ing procedure 5-6 time but still no luck, the iPhone still goes back into restore mode after trying to jailbreak.

I guess I don't have any alternative but to restore it. The problem is since Apple stopped signing 3.1.2 firmware the internet is a total mess and I wasn't able to find out if restoring 3.1.2 without SHSH is possible or not. Any ideeas?
    Use Usbview and Fw umbrella to find you if you have 3.1.2 shsh on file, if you can't get it from Saurik server, then you are out of luck to restore to 3.1.2. But your last option is to use the Last Ditch method,
    Edited : This doesn't apply since it is factory unlocked
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-06-01 at 08:28 PM.

Thanks

They don't have to worry about the baseband if I understand them correctly that neverlocked=factory unlocked?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    They don't have to worry about the baseband if I understand them correctly that neverlocked=factory unlocked?
    Then he should be good then, my mind is constantly filled with unlocked questions with all these threads, LOL . thanks Captain Chaos.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (2010-06-01)

Like i saied the phone is FACTORY LOCKED and i cannot update to 3.1.3.
    The qestion was if i can get it to restore without having the SHSH saved in cydia but only in my computer with AutoSHSH.exe.
    Last edited by moartea; 2010-06-02 at 07:55 AM.