Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Has: 3.1.1 jailbroken - want: 3.1.2 or higher, without reinstalling apps

Default Has: 3.1.1 jailbroken - want: 3.1.2 or higher, without reinstalling apps
    Hi, I have an Iphone 3GS with the 3.1.1 software and jailbroken with Blackrain on a PC. I downlad apps both from the App store, from Cydia and from Rock (I find Rock faster but Cydia has more). Over time there has been quite an amount of customizations of the phone and I probably can't remember all.

Is there any way to upgrade to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 without losing all my non-Apple-approved apps? Will Cydia or Rock "remember" my customizations? Is it possible to get some "jailbreak" upgrade that keeps all non-Apple-approved stuff? Any help appreciated. Thanks! (I want the 3.1.2 upgrade because an increasing number of App Store apps have started requiring this, including my most used app, the subway departure real-time info)

Thanks

If you upgrade the firmware everything will be lost and have to be put back on. You can use something like pkgbackup that will reinstall your apps from cydia and rock. Or you can get firmware faker from cydia so apps and iTunes think the phone is on 3.1.3.

Thank you! The package saver doesn't appear to be free; is there any way I can display or save a list of my packages to save, and then just reinstall manually afterwards? And what is the name of the firmware faker, can't find it in Cydia search? Thank you so much!

regards, Jorgen

Thanks

Yeah, in cydia if you go to manage then to packages it'll show you everything you have installed. I think it's fwfaker