Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: can i get boot logo's?

Default can i get boot logo's?
    phone was jailbroken and unlocked with blackra1n. can i still use pwnagetool/snowbreeze to get custom boot logo's ect?

Thanks

As long as it's not a new bootrom 3gs than a jailbroken iPhone will accept a custom firmware made with either pwnage tool or snowbreeze.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jkmonkey For This Useful Post:

hooty666 (2010-05-31)

I wouldn't anyway though because if you have problems where you can't get it past the boot logo and you tae it to apple, they will reject you immediately because they know that you were jailbroken.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to moon#pie For This Useful Post:

hooty666 (2010-05-31)

Thanks

That is an excellent point

Thanks

Two 3gs phones both blackra1ned on 3.1.2 wanted to put custom boot logos on so used redsn0w 9.2 both stayed on boot logo and did not boot any further..
    would not power off appeared to but when touching any button immediately showed frozen logo..it was in fact boot looping very very slowly..
    fix was to hold down home and power for a good four to five mins as it was processing very slow to put it into recovery mode and restore re jailbreak with redsn0w with custom boot logo...so not worth the aggro just to get a boot logo..
    One thing I have noticed on both phones now they are set up identical to the way they were with blackra1n is that my battery life after being jb with redsn0w seems a lot better but maybe thats just down to everything being new again..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to g0sbv For This Useful Post:

hooty666 (2010-05-31)

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Probably best just to leave it alone... How often do you shut your phone off and turn it back on just to see a logo for 30 seconds

That and what somebody else said... Apple wont fix or replace a tampered phone.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

hooty666 (2010-05-31)

If you can haz boot logo then CAN I HAZ A CHEZBURGR!?

Just use redsn0w. But those sound like new bootrom 3GS' so they can't get them. Are they tethered?

well thank's or the info folks. I wont bother i dont think. also another question off this subject.

i have another 3g[s] i recently bought from ebay. and it requires an o2 simcard. so i inserted a brand new one, topped up 10 like the instructions said and synced with itunes. but it has been over 1 day now and the phone still has not activated? is there any way to solve this apart from phoning o2 and complaining for something that isn't there fault.

i have tried restore and network restore... ect, all i can think of....nothing??

when i first bought the phone it was activated, but then i went too wild and had to restore, which is when it wouldnt acivate sim/phone. thanks in advance and for the reply to the last question.