Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G on 3.0 to 3.1.2 baseband 04.26.08 - Can I do it sucessfully?

Question 3G on 3.0 to 3.1.2 baseband 04.26.08 - Can I do it sucessfully?
    Hello all,

I am a novice jailbreaker and unlocker. I have only done it once on my 3G 3.0 (T-Mobile). I want to update my firmware to 3.1.2 so I can get some of the apps that require the update, but I am deathly afraid that it will lock my phone and I will not be able to use it on T-MO anymore. I have blackra1n on my computer and I have the standard firmware file iPhone1,2_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw. Will it work or am I taking a chance on bricking my phone? Please advise oh wise modmyi community

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/712179-trying-unlock-iphone-3g-t-mo-frusterated.html

View post by cerote.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kshambl View Post
    Hello all,

I am a novice jailbreaker and unlocker. I have only done it once on my 3G 3.0 (T-Mobile). I want to update my firmware to 3.1.2 so I can get some of the apps that require the update, but I am deathly afraid that it will lock my phone and I will not be able to use it on T-MO anymore. I have blackra1n on my computer and I have the standard firmware file iPhone1,2_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw. Will it work or am I taking a chance on bricking my phone? Please advise oh wise modmyi community
    Download SnowBreeze 1.5.2 and create cfw 3.1.3 and once created , do a shift + restore to the cfw 3.1.3. When it is restored, install Ultrasn0w from Cydia. You are now jailbroken and unlocked at 3.1.3