View Poll Results: Have you had problems with Spirit Jb?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 36.54%
  • No

33 63.46%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Spirit Jailbreak Work for You??

Quote Originally Posted by hoqts View Post
    I tried with my 3gs and it doesnt work. It keeps giving me error code 1. I think they need you to activate the iphone in order to jailbreak. I have no idea. I just wait till the new jailbreak is available or someone can give me possible answer to it.
    Before jailbreaking your 3GS, make sure that your device is not Stuck on Emergency Call / USBConnection Icon as SPIRIT does not work on Locked Device (Un-Official provider)... Before jailbreaking RUN Spirit on a Compatibility Mode with Win95 or 98 Mode ... either you are on Windows Vista or Windows 7 ... then you will be fine. SPIRIT does no DO Unlocking your device... it only works if your device is ACTIVATED ... I hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by matt_tee View Post
    Thanks jkmonkey for replying so quickly!

Heard about this problem, and read that it had been sorted.

What I wanted to know is if anybody had bricked their phones?

Mine would not turn on at all. no DFU mode either.

Have been JB for some time now, and thought spirit was the best!

I am just a bit weary of JB my 3gs in case it breaks again. wanted to know if anybody had experienced the same as me.

Really want to JB again, but wondering if I should wait till OS 4.0.

Cheers,

m
    The solution to your problem of having your iPhone not turning ON (totally black) ... is to restore to OS 3.1.3 ... since Apple Store has stopped the OS 3.1.2 ... just plug-in the USB to your PC then iTunes will pop up and then restore to OS 3.1.3 ... then activate your device from iTunes ... then Jailbreak it with Spirit ... Spirit will only work if your device is ACTIVATED and if not .. Spirit won't detect your device no matter what you do... SPIRIT is good to those people having an OFFICIAL Provider (like AT&T) ... I hope this helps
    Last edited by greatlover; 2010-05-30 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks again for your solutions, but, iPhone was activated, was not in emergency call and I could not power on to restore. Tried everything, dfu, etc. But iPhone would not power on or even be recognised. Apple store could not even power it up! Gave me a new iPhone...

M

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Would be nice if people voting would make a small post saying if it worked and on what device and if didn't, what went wrong.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I haven't used it yet. I am looking into breaking a ipt3g though.

Sounds a good idea.

m

Is it just me, or does there seem to be a lot of spirit jb problems in this 'general' forum? At 15:00 gmt, the first 5 or 6 posts seem to be spirit jb issues?? Any thoughts?

m
    Last edited by matt_tee; 2010-05-31 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Works great, only problem is adding certain repos.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by matt_tee View Post
    Sounds a good idea.

m

Is it just me, or does there seem to be a lot of spirit jb problems in this 'general' forum? At 15:00 gmt, the first 5 or 6 posts seem to be spirit jb issues?? Any thoughts?

m
    Yeah, there seems to be a few there. Some are caused by user error, but others can't be easily explained.

Thanks

Just used it on the ipod touch and it was flawless.

Thanks

Worked fine on my iPad, iPhone 3GS, sisters iPod, friends iPod. I did them all on my Macbook Pro

So....

It seems that a few of us are having issues with spirit. I would love to have 100% confidence in spirit, as I have had with the others, Spirit seems fantastic, and it seems to work for a lot of you, but...having used it once and bricking my Iphone (maybe not spirit, maybe hardware). I am still gonna wait to get a bit more feedback.

The comments that have been posted so far have been very constructive and informative.

The people on here seem very trustworthy and honest, and their advice is second to none!

Please don't let this thread put you off trying spirit jb, as Comex has obviously worked very hard on creating this masterpiece! I always tend to edge to the cautious side of things when expensive iphones are at risk, but I love modding and i will jb again, but just not yet!

thanks for all the comments so far,

m

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You should change the title of the thread. It can be confusing that if you answer 'yes' to the thread title, you need to answer 'no' on the poll.

I also think it's problematic that people don't post their results. I saw in the General forum that some users were complaining about error 1, which is completely user error.

edit: notice that no one posting on 3 pages of this thread has had any problems (except for the poll starter of course).
    Last edited by dhamien; 2010-06-02 at 01:17 AM.

Thanks

I still haven't had any issues after breaking the ipt3g.

Used spirit after the reboot loop fiasco and had to restore to the latest firmware and I had no issues whatsoever!

regards

wingZero

Thanks

Not a single problem on 2 16gb iPhone 3g's

I have an iPod Touch 2g and when I jailbroke my iPod, Cydia showed up in the search bar but not an icon. Can anybody help?

p.s. I checked the SB Settings and it is not hiding Cydia

Hide the icon .... Then unhide the icon ... That should make it show up again

I tried that as well, didn't do anything. I also tried rebooting it.

Never mind i fixed it, i restored my iPod and didn't back it up. problem solved if anyone else is having this problem
    Last edited by db_steez; 2010-06-04 at 04:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

it worked perfectly for my itouch 3g 32g
    & if it doesnt work for u.. Then u should run it in compatibility mode for windows 95

Just worked for me on OSX after using the 'last ditch method'.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Spirit worked really well for my 3G iphone. 3.1.3
    Cycorder was the first Ap I downloaded. I wept openly....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast