Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone won't turn on!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone won't turn on!!!
    Hi Guy's I really need some help,

I have an iphone 3gs 32GB which i unlocked with Blackra1n about 10 months ago, Everything worked fine till last week, while charging the phone just turned off and wouldn't come back on, Itunes does not recognise the phone, and it won't go into DFU mode. It eventually came back on after being left plugged into the pc for about 4 hours, untill last night it happened again, and this time it won't come back on has been plugged it the pc for 12hrs now and still nothing all i get is the battery icon on the screen if i plug it out it goes blank, when i plug it back in it goes back to the icon, Have tried to run blackra1n again but it won't run.

Possible cause might be I updated to 3.13 and unlocked again a couple of months ago using Blackra1n again, but i can't even get it on to reboot or downgrade,

Can someone please help as this happened to my 2g phone last month and it has lived in a drawer ever since I don't want it to have company......

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Have you tried plugging it directly into the power rather than the PC? If it won't charge I'd say that the battery has died and I'd get it swapped before the years warranty runs out.

so what r u having now ? a blank screen ?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BELLISSIMA For This Useful Post:

kildarelad (2010-06-08)

you can't unlock 3.1.3 unless you upgraded to a custom firmware. did you?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to moon#pie For This Useful Post:

kildarelad (2010-06-08)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Superhorse:
    I have tried plugging into the wall but i get the same icon on the screen that the battery is charging but it never gets past red, I left in over night and still no good, as soon as I plug it out the screen goes blank,

Bellisima:
    Yes all I have now is a blank screen, it won't go into DFU and itunes doesn't see it, I only get the power icon when I plug it in to the wall or the pc otherwise it just looks like its turned off,

Tiger92:
    I don't think i did, to be honest I think I upgraded then just used Blackra1n and it worked (it had previosly been done with Purplra1n), but I did this with my wife's 2g phone aswell and it died about a month ago needless to say she was less than impressed but she is due an upgrade next month so is looking forward to me buying her a 4g, I on the other hand am not so fortunate.......

Desperatly seeking Help....

a device can work without a battery , so it is not a matter of power..

why don't you send it to apple?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BELLISSIMA For This Useful Post:

kildarelad (2010-06-08)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Update

I've been able to get the phone into recovery mode after hours of trying now i'm trying to do a restore but when i try to download a firmware I keep getting the Port is not availible, I've now downloaded 4 different firware's from 3.12 to 3.0 and i get the same message every time, I have itunes 8.2

but i'm again at a loss......

the battery is dead, as part of the restore process the system reverts to battery for consistent power - you can dfu a 3g board with no battery installed but part way through restore it cuts out because the battery is not there to run it - i have tried this.

your 3gs should have warranty, checked mine last weekend with the serial on apple's website, still covered till start of july. it does not matter if you are the first or eighth owner the serial is your warranty.

it is worth noting that eu law states consumer goods should be fit for purpose for a minimum of 36 months, as apple produce a device with non user replaceable battery they must by law repair or replace in this time.

as starting reference see

Forums - Two years warranty from shops?? - PC Advisor
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Robcoffee For This Useful Post:

kildarelad (2010-06-08)

and please try to update your itunes !

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BELLISSIMA For This Useful Post:

kildarelad (2010-06-08)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi All

I contacted Apple last Thursday week and they sent me out a box to return the iphone by courier on Monday last week, UPS collected it on Tuesday afternoon AND Returned a Brand New Iphone on Thursday with 3.1.3 installed and also completly unlocked,
    I was worried about returning it as mine was jailbroken and I thought they might say the warranty was void (easy corporate way out).
    But I was totally surprised not only with the customer service (collection & delivery on a 4 day turn around) but to get it unlocked aswell,
    Apple I love you
    Really looking forward to updating to 4.0 now

Thanks to everyone who helped in any way Much Appreciated,

Now I have to order a battery on line for my 2g and have a go at changing that, Apple want €170 because its out of warranty I'd give it to them too If I thought they'd give me a new one aswell, but I think that would be looking for a bit much.

Thanks again for the help!!
    Last edited by kildarelad; 2010-06-11 at 02:57 PM.