Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: error 23, cannot restore iPhone - please help!!!!

Unhappy error 23, cannot restore iPhone - please help!!!!
    Ok, i have done a few searches but most seem to be very old, so i would just like to confirm before going to apple as a last resort if it is indeed caput, finished, scrap metal. This is my work phone which was on 3.1.3 jailbroken and today it froze and lost signal. I powered it off, and then i got the connect to itunes as if it was no longer activated. iTunes would ask for the password to access the phone but because it is no longer activated, all i can do is access emergency calls. I am still able to get to that screen as well as get it into DFU mode. Is there anything that I can do? Thanks in advance.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Zehlek's Avatar
    Thanks

What happens when you put into DFU and try restoring

i get the error 23, cannot restore iPhone. It seems like there's no way for me to bypass anything. I am also on a PC, Windows 7, with no access to a MAC presently, so if there's a solution that'll work with a PC that's my preference.

Default phoenix
    Hey bro i have the same problem now if you can tell me what was the right solution to this problem

Ya. I took it to Apple store and they replace. It for me. I was still under warranty so they just tried to restore it and then saw the same error as me. Gave me a brand new unit on site.

Thanks

Error 23 generally refers to a hardware problem with the iPhone/ipad/iPod.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Well Im using Windows and so if internet explorer is not working then itunes wont work when it says connecting to apple.

Thanks

iTunes has no dependancies on Internet explorer. If Internet explorer itself is not working, iTunes will be able to restore with no problems. If your Internet connection is not working then iTunes will not be able to restore. Not having an Internet connection won't cause error 23 though. You'll get a message saying iTunes could not verify the firmware.