Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPhone frozen, looking for advanced help to back up data.

Default IPhone frozen, looking for advanced help to back up data.
    I currently have a 3GS, used the spirit IPhone jail break for 3.1.3 about 2 weeks ago. One of the app's I was using was a cracked version of the iblacklist. It seemed to not be working properly 4-5 days after installing it, I decided to restart my phone. Upon restarting it booted normal, automatically brings up my lock screen, however does not allow me to input anything. It's completely frozen.

When I plug it into the charger, it gets to the same spot, makes the sound that it's charging, then seconds later it will restart itself and repeat.

Tried removing the sim, restarting it and reinserting it. Tried hard restart many, many, many times.

Normally I'd say screw it and just restore it and dl a sync. However, this is also the same time I decided to reformat all my partitions on my computer. Aka I have no sync to restore from.

When I plug in the phone, there's no external drive that is picked up by the computer so I can access the folders. When I try to get into it from itunes it says it cannot connect until I enter the password physically on the phone to unlock it.

I have a lot of important data (to me) on this phone, is there any viable solutions? Anyways to by-pass the password so I can back up the data on itunes? Anyways to show it on a drive running under the restore mode so I can back up files? My goal is to simply extract the data on this phone which I cannot seem to get to.
    Last edited by JReaper85; 2010-05-21 at 06:08 AM.

Thanks

If you have installed openssh or afc2add you MIGHT be able to either ssh into the phone or access it with i-funbox.

If you haven't installed either one of those your probably out of luck.

You could also try running an undelete program. Tuneup utilities has one bundled with it, and comes with a free trial. When you do a quick format all the computer does is overwrite the first character of every file name, so all the info is still there but the computer reads it as free space and ok to overwrite. Undelete programs scan the drive and display these files. If you did a quick format the old iPhone backups might be recoverable. If you did a full format everything would have been overwritten with zeros and will not be recoverable.
    Last edited by jkmonkey; 2010-05-21 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost