Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help with my 3GS on 3.1.2

Default Need help with my 3GS on 3.1.2
    I was useing Blackrain for my 3GS on 3.1.2 and i download itune 9.1.1 and now the black rain not working , ,,, I try to use Redsn0w 0.9.4 and I use the fram 3.1.2 with it and its work , but when ask to reboot for cadia , Get back to logo of conecct to itune mod, so i uninstll Itune 9.1.1 and i download Itune 9.0.2, try to use it and no hope same Error with Blackraini got the black screen but with no light too..

I know i missed up somthing, but what is my chance to keep 3.1.2, and to keep it unlocked and Jail,,,

Thanks for your help in adv.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Use redsn0w 0.9.2 - make sure you're using the correct firmware for redsn0w.

I try it and its end after installed to black screen , the phone not respond to any thing except to but back the 3.1.2 and back to same old story.

Pc: did i have to delete : 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com from hosts file after i done with putting back 3.1.2

I just need it tethered jailbreak

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Go here: iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones and in the top, click the 'blackra1n - itunes 9.1 fix' link. That should fix it so you can use blackra1n again.

If blackra1n still isn't working, your phone might be messed up and you'll possibly need to restore. Either restore to 3.1.2 using SHSHs from Cydia's server or, if you don't have SHSH stored, as a last resort, try this: Preventing baseband update as a last-ditch effort [iPhone Dev Team]

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

joliano24 (2010-05-22)

Thx a lot black rain working fine ,

is there any way i can trun off the phone and when its turn on again i can avoid to hook it to my computer for blackrain as long i have 3.1.2,

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Well, Spirit can do that. The problem is that you'll need to restore to be able to use that tool and if you restore, you'll update your baseband to a version that is not unlockable.

Do not under any circumstances just run Spirit on top of the blackra1n jailbroken phone. It'll cause your phone to be unbootable.

If you really, really want to get the untethered jailbreak (where you don't need to hook it to the computer), you can take a look at the link from my last post. The dev team says to use it as a last resort so I assume that you can mess up the phone if you do it wrong.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

joliano24 (2010-05-28)