Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbroken 3.0.1 - upgrade to 3.1.2

Default Jailbroken 3.0.1 - upgrade to 3.1.2
    Hey guys/gals,

New to the forums here and mostly a newbie to the iphone world.

I've got a jailbroken Iphone 3GS 16GB. I am currently running 3.0.1 firmware jailbroken. I don't recall what software I used to do it though.

I also have iTunes 9.0.1.8, if that helps.

I am trying to upgrade to 3.1.2. I tried completing a restore using Shift+Click on the restore in iTunes and selecting the 3.1.2 firmware I downloaded.

However, iTunes says "This device isn't eligible for the requested build." I tried using it via the iphone recovery and it still didn't work.

Does anyone have any idea on how I can do this upgrade/unlock properly? Also, is it worthwhile doing the upgrade?

Thanks!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Use pwnagetool to make a custom firmware and restore to that. If you don't have access to a mac, downloading one would also be fine.

I don't have a mac so I would have to dl a custom firmware. Do you still do a restore through iTunes? Using the custom fm, would that be it to upgrade to 3.1.2?
    Any recommendations on who makes a good custom fm?

Thanks for the help

Thanks

Yes you would do a shift+restore in iTunes, yes you can update to 3.1.2, google one just make sure it was created with pwnagetool and unactivated if you are on AT&T