Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Springboard is possessed ! HELP

Thanks

Default Springboard is possessed ! HELP
    3GS 3.1.3 new boot-spirit JB
    Ok, I JB with spirit previously (1 week ago) on other iPhone 3gs- Identical as the crazy one that I have now- All was well with that. I had to replace it due to a horrible water incident My new iphone JB wonderfully, so I thought. It started doing weird things.

I installed a few apps, All which depend on Activator. That's when I started to have problems. My sleep button started to take random screen shots, my Apps would not load more than 1 sec without my having to return to the lock-screen. All of that bearable. But now I go into safe mode every time I blink. I constantly have to restore because I go into a boot-loop of some type-apple logo, springboard, whois boot-loop. Its all random.

I have narrowed it down to one of 2 things, Activator- and Mobile Substrate. If I remove either one my phone is Good. \

Please help me
    LIVE FOR TODAY,
    BECAUSE TOMORROW
    IS NEVER PROMISED"

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Mm dont really think its activator. Ive never had a problem with it. Maybe if you set up your phone as new when restoring it wont do it anymore?

Thanks

Thanks Anniex423, I have restored & set up as new around 20 times. I restored in DFU, recovery no change.Thanks tho
    LIVE FOR TODAY,
    BECAUSE TOMORROW
    IS NEVER PROMISED"

I'm having this problem too, and have wasted my day trying to figure it out!

I think I've fixed my Activator problems by downgrading. I DL'd libactivator_1.3.1~b1.deb here: 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download libactivator_1.3.1~b1.deb
    Had to make sure all previous Activator files were deleted--did Hierarchy search in iFile.
    I used the AutoInstallation method after SSH'ing the .deb file.
    I actually shut down my iphone rather than just rebooting it (don't know if it really makes a dif).
    Activator no longer shows up in Settings, but I don't use anything more than qTweeter, SBSettings, and BiteSMS that need some sort of gesture. The best part is my Home button will actually take me to my Home page, and apps open, and no screen shots everytime I press the Sleep button!
    Last edited by ebilflindas; 2010-05-31 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost