Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP!!!! SSH iPhone without knowing the ip address. SpringVibe screwed phone up bad!!!

Default HELP!!!! SSH iPhone without knowing the ip address. SpringVibe screwed phone up bad!!!
    I installed spring vibe and my phone is going absolutely crazy and will not stop vibrating. I do not know my iphone's ip address so I cannot ssh into it through wifi or through usb. What are my options besided restoring???? please say I have an option somehow. I will even give a cell phone number for someone to text me or an email address to text me. I am desperate. I don't want to lose the jailbreak and all I have at this point. Someone please help me.

Thanks

You can check to see what ip address your phone is using through your router. You don't need to know the ip address to connect via usb, you just need to connect it to a computer.

what software do i use to connect it via usb and it not ask for an ip address? I do not think i have used ssh on it before so I am not optimistic...

Thanks

i-funbox, diskaid, etc... No usb connection requires an ip address because the phone is connected directly to the computer that is accessing it.

i used iphone browser, but I cannot locate the file i need to delete on it....any suggestions. would u be cool with texting me?

when i download diskaid and click the root folder it says my iphone needs to be jailbroken but it already is...
    Last edited by cwparrish; 2010-05-19 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

your ip will be 192.168.0.10X

the X being any number form 0 to 9 depending on the # of devices on your network.

Diskaid is a dead stick, it no longer works

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

192.168.0.1.x

root/alpine

Thanks

Some routers use 192.168.1.x some use 192.168.0.x. Depends on the brand. The easiest way to find out is to log in to the routers configuration page and see what ip is assigned to that phone. Diskaid still works just fine, but if you used blackra1n or spirit to jailbreak you would have to install afc2add in order to get it to work.

As everybody has said, check your router administration page.