Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia Continuously downloading packages!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Cydia Continuously downloading packages!
    In the last few days or so Cydia on my iPhone 3gs has been constantly downloading packages and never manages to complete. It happenes on 3g and several different wifi connections. Are there any known problems with any of the default repos that might cause this or any other reason you can think of?
    Cheers in advance for any help.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

********** seems to be gone so maybe just go through your sources and just clean ones that are not really needed. I just keep the important ones that have most of the useful apps. eg ******** ********* **********.

mine used to do this until i got rid of random sources.... hope this helps.

i just rejailbroke a fresh upgrade the other day... only keep the main trusted sources and cydia is a dream. Before i had heaps of sources and cydia was doing the same thing and often just froze my phone.
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-05-25 at 02:27 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have cleaned out all but the main sources and it loads ok but when I add any source, e.g. (NO WAREZ) it just never finishes loading. I tried to uninstall and reinstall using the apt-get remove cydia command in mobile terminal but it just says it can't find the command. I installed aptitude which apparently fixes that problem but it still can't find the command.

Any other ideas of how to uninstall cydia and reinstall before I have to completely restore and re-jailbreak which is a major ball ache!
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-05-25 at 02:28 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Talk about cracked apps/warez/piracy is not allowed. Even the repos that host them.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]