Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bricked iPod Won't Do Anything

Exclamation Bricked iPod Won't Do Anything
    So last night I hit restore and update because the jailbreak was giving me problems. I was on 3.1.2 last night btw. This morning I woke up and plugged it into itunes to load the files back on, but nothing happens. And when I open itunes, even when it's not plugged in, it says "itunes could not connect to this iphone because an unknown error occured (0xE8000065)", which is wierd because I have an ipod touch. And nothing happens after that. On the ipod I see the little plug into itunes thing, but I also the status bar, with battery and ipod and the lock symbol. also, the screen goes black really fast, like a lockscreen. I tried sliding my finger, nothing happens. And, when i hold the power button, the slider comes down and I can turn it off and back on again, but it's back to the same screen. I tried plugging it into blackra1n and hitting make it ra1n, but i just get the message "entering recovery mode" and nothing happens (I've only let it run for like 5 minutes though). My theory is that it's stuck in a state halfway between DFU mode and normal mode on 3.1.3 FW, which is why blackra1n won't work. Then again, I'm not geohot. Somebody help, PLEASE!
    Last edited by Jellybean.; 2010-05-18 at 05:32 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Lol then its not bricked if it was bricked it would be useless as brick and not able to do anything at all which would leave it useless.

Try to run spirit, Blackra1n does not support 3.1.3 only 3.1.2 and less.
    "I want to change the world but they won't give me the source code"

"With Great Power , Comes Great responsibility" That is something we all need to remember

my ipod now works perfectly...wtf....and i haven't even use spirit yet..sorry for wasting your time. im now totally convinced the itouch is unbrickable

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

No problem just glad to hear it's working.